Recent content by Oldschoolcool

1. Oldschoolcool

HS50 tecumseh - change exhaust valve size?

Would there be any advantage to using a newer HS50 cam in an older style HS50 engine since they have more lift?
  2. Oldschoolcool

Picked this little gem up

I made up my own throttle. I used a spring, a couple of small fender washers for each end of the spring, and a small clevis with a set screw to lock the cable in place. No govener.
  3. Oldschoolcool

Not sure what this one is?

I picked this up for $50, does anyone know what it is?
  4. Oldschoolcool

Best belt for a generic 30 series TC?

Im looking to upgrade my 30 series torque convertor belt to a good quality kevlar belt. I am a bit confused on the correct part #. Also, any info on a trusted vendor to purchase one is much appreciated. Thanks! Denny
  5. Oldschoolcool

1991 3.5 hp B&S with Tec carb

Sprocket86, Did you have any issues with the 691922 B&S intake fitting up to the engine? I thought there were issues with the mounting hole spacing?
  6. Oldschoolcool

Briggs off Craftsman Snowblower ID

These engines are rated 148cc according to engine specs I downloaded from the Briggs and Stratton website.
  7. Oldschoolcool

Briggs off Craftsman Snowblower ID

I have one on my baja project
  8. Oldschoolcool

Coleman CT200U Tire Size

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302148860884
  9. Oldschoolcool

ARC bearing inserts for the Tecumseh 36974K billet rod?

Wait.....what? an ohv motorsports Tecumseh cam will fit an HS50 engine also?
  10. Oldschoolcool

New Coleman CT200u owner

4 Hole Mini Bike Sprocket - GoPowerSports.com
  11. Oldschoolcool

question

You would need to change the crankshaft. All of the minibike accessories I have encountered require a 3/4" keyed straight shaft.
  12. Oldschoolcool

HSSK50 exhaust flange??

I have the offset exhaust flange on my B and C series HS50 as well. I ordered the correct exhaust gasket off of ebay. The header that I ordered from OldMiniBikes has the offset bolt pattern flange also. I would think that header would work on the HSSK50 too.
  13. Oldschoolcool

Ultimate which spark plug thread

Sark, the RJ19LM is the next step hotter plug from the RJ17LM.
  14. Oldschoolcool

Picked this little gem up

Its a nice 148cc Briggs flathead from a snowblower, model 09a413 0202 e1. Just working out how im going to hook up my throttle. Suggestions welcome. Also, I am substituting a Champion J8C wich seems to be working very well. Is this plug ok to run with this engine? Thanks! Denny
  15. Oldschoolcool

5.5hp ohh crankshaft question.

Will a 5.5hp ohh crankshaft work in a 70's HS50?:shrug: Thanks!