Recent content by panchothedog

1. P

Predator 212 skipping when giving throttle

The best ( or easiest ) way to get a good air tight seal between the manifold and the carburetor is to bolt them together with both pieces on the work bench. Where you can look through and manipulate the two parts at the same time. Once you are satisfied, bolt the manifold, with carb attached (...
  2. P

Christmas dinner

Wife and I have been making Tamales at Christmas for more than 40 years. Well actually she makes them ( Her mothers recipe ) but after practicing for that long I'm pretty good at tying them. Usually make about 100 of them.
  3. P

Problem with driver

Back to your original question. Should I spend $100 on a juggernaut driver? As the owner of 4 karts, every one of them with a built engine and one of them running a juggernaut, I don't think that they are worth the money. Get your gear ratio worked out. Your rear sprocket is way too small. You...
  4. P

Help please

If you really have an odd ball engine and can't find a odd ball piston and ring set to fit, you could have the block bored to a standard size. You could also just sh#t can the engine and buy a new one. Might be cheaper in the long run.
  5. P

Newby mini bike for pulling

If the mini bike wheelies or not depends on where the attachment points is. If you try pulling attached at seat height it will pick up and come over on you without much fight. If you were fabricate a harness that attached to the foot pegs, down low and mid ship length wise it would take a LOT...
  6. P

New member Project Farm Hog

Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking bike for a home built job. Looks rugged, like a farm working vehicle should. Get those fenders on there man, doesn't sound like fun riding without them.
  7. P

Briggs go fast part #s

I once saw on the History channel that in the late 1600's the city of New York banned lawyers from the city. They should have made it permanent and country wide. They sure have a way with killing fun.
  8. P

2023 El Camino Vintage Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet

It did today. Quite a bit.
  9. P

Briggs flathead/torque converter

That should work. You need to get the right length bolt that will thread in all the way with out.bottoming out. Then the correct heavy washer on the outside of the driver, use some blue lock tight, and torque to 25 lb. ft. I have a couple of karts and no more exposed shaft then what you have...
  10. P

Coleman B200R engine swap - Honda GX390

Front sprockets can be changed to change the final gear ratio. A bigger front sprocket will give you a higher gear ratio, more top speed. The sprockets are smaller and usually cheaper than the larger rear ones. Your bike probably has a 10 tooth on the front. An 11 will be a 10 % difference. A 12...
  11. P

When and if you decide to change the sprocket for more top end speed, that will require a smaller rear sprocket. Meaning A shorter chain. You will need a chain breaker tool. They are sized to match the chain. # 35, or # 40. Don't buy the cheapest one you can find. It will break the 1st or 2nd...
  12. P

Keep the drive chain clean and properly lubricated. Street use it won't get dirty very fast. Off road use, it will need attention after each session. Motorcycle shops sell the cleaner and the lube. Keep the tension on the chain correctly adjusted. New ones will stretch and become too loose...
  13. P

ARCO Ez Rider.

Learning to ride the thing is your key to success. No law says you have to goose it all the way when you take off from a dead stop. The day will come when you'll want everything it's got.
  14. P

In your very 1st post you admit that you have li!tied mechanical knowledge. While a build like this is not extremely complicated, it would require a decent amount of mechanical skill. Have fun with your bikes and your girl friend. Over a period of time, just doing the necessary maintenance and...
  15. P

Aluminum 3 inch tube gas tank

Are you dead set on building your own. Lots of very nice aluminum tanks out there in all shapes and sizes for sale.