Recent content by R.E. Wallace

1. R.E. Wallace

New member here sharing my 1973 Brute Cycle project.

Rod- The floor pan or "plate" is in good condition aside from the chip in the right front corner (there's snow on it in the picture but the floor pan is black) & I still have it & also the original body (seat tub). I'd let both parts go for $100 together. I have no use for either one of them &...
  2. R.E. Wallace

Need help getting my ratios correct

Oh, I didn't know it was a track vehicle! Any pics?
  3. R.E. Wallace

Maybe you need taller wheels! lol! Just something to think about.
  4. R.E. Wallace

I just posted some pics of the axle drop-plates that I added to gain more clearance for a 60 tooth sprocket. They're posted under the "Trikes" heading on this site.
  5. R.E. Wallace

A couple pics of the axle drop plates that I made to gain sprocket clearance on the rear axle.
  6. R.E. Wallace

Here's see pictures of the engine that I'm considering using. There's also a couple pictures of the main air frame for my ultralight with the rotax on top of it.
  7. R.E. Wallace

Boz, The Comet torque converters start with a 3:1 ratio (low rpm's) & max out in 1:3 ratio (hi rpm's) if I'm not mistaken. The first number of the ratios are the engine & the last number of the ratios are for the jack-shaft. The Comet series 30 is the same but will add an extra 10% overdrive...
  8. R.E. Wallace

I plan on replacing the seals the crank before running the engine. There's no lack of information or parts online for it , that's for sure. This is a fan-cooled engine. I own an ultralight airplane that originally came with one of these motors on it but was replaced with a 377 Rotax. The JLo...
  9. R.E. Wallace

Hey, thanks. This 440 only has 923 sled miles & LOTS of compression so, I'd love to put it to use this way. It's clean enough to wear on a chain around your neck; lol!! How's your 440 been as far as dependability?
  10. R.E. Wallace

The engine that you see in the last two pictures is not bolted down & has actually slid forward about 2" from where it would be mounted on a custom mount plate. If you didn't notice, this Brute has the spring-pivot suspension between the seat & fuel tank. That all means that I'll have to...
  11. R.E. Wallace

Hello to all here. Your site is well organized & has a lot of great information & pics. I thought I'd add some more to all of that. It was pretty rough when it fell into my hands. I didn't want to alter anything that couldn't be reversed. I owned a Tri-Sport years ago and really miss it. So...