Recent content by SAFETYpin

1. S

Gx200 dies every 25 minutes!

Sounds like a plugged vent in the gas cap. Loosen the cap after it dies and try to restart.
  2. S

decrease in speed? why?

I've been trying to find the quote, but I believe Craig Vetter said, "It takes 8-9hp with good aerodynamics to run 50mph". You can understand why alot of people with a considerable amount of experience are crying B.S. Whats most likely occurring is you're getting used to the machine...
  3. S

Chernobyl, anyone else fascinated?

Yes and Yes..... KIDDofSPEED - GHOST TOWN - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena NOVA - Inside Chernobyl's Sarcophagus part 1 - YouTube Inside Chernobyl | Watch Documentary Online Free - Documentary Heaven
  4. S

Head Gasket Question

Can you really run the valves that tight with out worry of hanging a valve open as parts warm up?
  5. S

modded engine first start omg

That's correct, back before fuel injection you would have to clear a flooded engine every now and again. To do so hold at WOT and crank untill it fires. By opening the throttle all the way you reduce the signal to the carb, and the venturi pulls in very little fuel. It's pretty much the...
  6. S

Honda gx 160 build ???

I don't have a recipe for your specific outputs, but I can tell you a simple head gasket swap to a thin gx200 head gasket makes a nice difference for almost no effort.
  7. S

6.5 clone wont start

Whats your spark plug look like after the rejet?
  8. S

6.5 clone wont start

It only dies after extended running? Vent on the fuel tank plugged? Take the fuel cap off and check if it starts again. Have you modified the air filter or exhaust in anyway? Rejeted the carb? Theres a metal spacer/gasket that has very specific holes in it, it will go on either way but one...
  9. S

Yet another problem with gx200

I agree with the thin lash caps.... It looks like Tim has them at SMALL ENGINE CAMS (310)769-6880 - STORE
  10. S

Decomp effectiveness

My mini is 11:1 with a black mamba cam and is very easy to pull start. Although you can't just snatch up the pull starter and yank, you have to roll it over to just past compression first and than let the rope back in. I also like to make sure the recoil "fingers" have engaged the flywheel...
  11. S

Decomp effectiveness

Its my understanding that the whole purpose of HiComp is to re-cooperate the compression lost do to a high duration/valve overlap cam. So if your not planning on spinning, you won't need the cam or compression? Or my guess is not as high as your planning
  12. S

Valve stem seal

My GX had one but its been removed to make clearance for a double coil spring.
  13. S

help me diagnosis/brainstorm my engine

I am very curious about swapping the carb, but there's a ton of guys running these engines in stock appearing making 15+ hp. I think I might just have it geared to tall especially with a 10in wheel/ tall tire.
  14. S

Ill give it a shot, I have a OEM 102 new in the bag still. I was just reading around 4cycle and am curious if I have my coil gapped to close (.020). Whats everyone running there coil-flywheel gap at?
  15. S

Looks like my final gear ratio is 5.56:1 which with a 49in tire circumference at ~5700rpm is 47mph.... 12-20 18-60