steven Durham

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hi Steve. I have the Montgomery Ward trike in the pics from GTO. They came from my posting on this site.... Montgomery Wards Trike - 3WHeeLeR WoRLD FoRums. Yours is the only other one I have seen. I had one back in 1975 or so, that I bought off a neighbor. It had a Kohler 2 stroke 20 HP. single cyl. Looked like it came from the factory that way. I sold it around 1979, and found this one while browsing the ads on Craigslist last year. I have not been able to find any record of such a trike ever being made by Mont.Wards. Only the T555 which has no suspension. It is not a modified version because the frame has not been cut or welded. Check out my pics in My Album if you like, and if you come across any info I would appreciate it. I am going to try to locate a Kohler engine for this one so I can recreate the one I sold years ago. You sure have a nice collection of vintage iron there.
    Thanks for the help. I'm already in the boat and flopping I'm afraid. I like "mini" anything. Have you seen The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum microcars, bmw isetta, messerschmitt, messerschmidt, kr200, micro cars ? Tons of cute little cars. Here's one of my favorites: 1959 Scootacar Mk I
    btw....not to offend those that like restoring such old machines. i think theyre neat how they were made but..i always wanted to build another trike. i didn have a vw rear end but came acrossed the alsport i posted in the photos and thought it was just too short and would make nice for the project whereas i extended it out with a suzuki intruder frame. i still have a ways to go on it yet but..its coming along. i have a wing yet for looks more than actual dynamics to go on yet plus the fenders..etc. feel free to posts comments or even ideas. i just might use them.
    steve. you seem to know quite a bit about the alsports as well as rupps..and tri sports. if by chance get this..please check the few photos ive uploaded. its from a project im working on here. so far so good and looking pretty nice. but..im in a caliper delima. much appreciated. you can email me directly if want at demoniii@verizon.net. thank you..dave
    Hi there...I seen that you might have some knowledge on tote goats???? If so...I have a red tote goat that runs, and the only identification it had was a small metal plate on the bottom of the motor, and thats it...Do you know how to identify what model it is??? I tried looking at the different frame to identify it, but there are too many that look like it..Any help would be great Thanks...

Renae from Sutherlin Oregon
    Hi Steven,
    I have a Tote Gote model 780 Nova for sale for $600.00 or best offer. It has a 8hp B.S. motor, drive shaft, and needs a belt. Saw your comment as per your interest in owning one. If you are still interested in one please get back to me. My e-mail address is dlheck@NDsupernet.com
    Thanks,
    David L. Heck
    HI Steve Todd Peterson former D&D Mini Cycle Racer.Thank you for the kind words you wrote in OC then & now Saddleback park thread. Like to send you some of my Team Swolen vintage T/shirts. Saddleback park, Taco, Bonanza,Gemini,Escape county and a lot more. Hope all is well. Todd Call me 714-978-3797 Team Swolen
    It was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Durham.

I look forward to seeing you and your shop again soon!

Best,

Steve C
    I owned a trisport in the 70's (rt 290 ccw motor I think) I would like to have one again but have not seen any in many many years. Are there any still around?
    thanks for your time
    steve, what do you think a foremost is worth? new clutch, 6.5 clone motor new brakes , twist grip and brakes?
    dave
    hi I hate to butt in but im new to the site. I need info on Baja Mini bikes were I can purchase one
    Thanks Steve, I'll try to make it Tuesday. Supposed to rain here tomorrow.
    Joel
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…