Recent content by Subzero

1. S

Wrecked MB165- Need Part Fit Help

I like the full fenders but I also like the trimmed ones too. I decided to keep them stock and just straighten them out again. The bike is custom but very mild in that aspect. It appears stock but has upgraded tires, engine, seat, rear light, and had the blue paint. It tops out at 25mph which is...
  2. S

Yea I got a little hurt but nothing too bad. I had to get some stitches and sprained my ankle. A lot of road rash too. Definitely not riding on the road again now with all these crazy drivers in my area. No one got a ticket or anything, it couldn't be determined what actually happened as we both...
  3. S

I got the paint today and have begun painting. They didn't have any dark blue at the store so I went with hunter green instead. The only blue they had was the Sail Blue the bike already was ( kinda like smurf blue lol). I'm very pleased with how the fenders and tank came out. The frame will have...
  4. S

I decided to go with this lever for the brake Longhorn Quick Adjust Clutch Lever Assembly | Dirt Bike | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC . I have a similar one on my 81' CR80 that I really like. I'm not really sure I will have need to quickly adjust the brake on the fly though:shifty: . The brake cable...
  5. S

All the motorcycle graveyards closed up in my area so I will need to locate new parts or look on craigslist for parts bikes. That's one sweet baja mini
  6. S

Yes you got me on that. I hated the original engine so it now has a GX160 on it. I'm trying to keep it on the cheap so I will look around and see what I find. I do a lot of dirt biking so maybe some aftermarket Honda parts may work:thumbsup: I usually prefer twist throttles because of dirt...
  7. S

I was hit by a car riding my MB165 that I restored over the past year while making a left turn in a neighborhood intersection. I was driving and signaled with my hand my left turn. The car tried to pass me in the intersection and the bike and car met. The front fender hit first and the left...
  8. S

How to Install a TAV on a 2005 Mini Baja

So this one here Comet TAV2 - Torque Converter - 3/4" 10T #40/41 - 218353A and the 9 tooth gear. I will probably just replace the chain while I'm at it ( only has a little more life).
  9. S

It looks like they have two kinds- Is this the right one for my bike http://www.OldMiniBikes.com/TAV2-1-Drive-12T-35-C218352A.html ? Thanks
  10. S

Just looked, they have it! I looked awhile ago but couldn't find it there. I feel stupid now:out: .I'll order it soon, can't wait!
  11. S

Ok so just a little grind on the back of the TAV. Now I just need to know where's the best place to buy one and I'm set.
  12. S

I have a Mini Baja MB165 that I would like to put a TAV torque converter on. What ( if any ) modifications will need to be done? Where is the best place to buy the TAV at? Heres a picture of the bike. Thanks
  13. S

MB165 GX160 with Torque Converter

I'm now completely done with my 2005 MB165 build. Its stock setup other than a new Honda GX160. I've painted it up and added a rear light, new tires, seat cover, basically the whole works. I've decided I'm not content with the 27 mph top speed and low end on it after a couple months of riding...
  14. S

What Motor for Minibike? Honda GX160 or???

They do come in black if you buy a certain type http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/75087-ammo-box-trunk-mb165.html The local shop said there's over 60 different models of GX160 engines. The most common is the above stated red and white with the 3/4 crank. That's another...
  15. S

Ammo Box Trunk For MB165

Anyone ever heard of someone or did make their Mini Baja (or mini bike in general) street legal? This one is needing only turn signals and most importantly a title (which is very hard to get) then it could be classified as a "moped".