thebronc4019

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Darn, just got on to get the e-mail address so I could send diagram. Anyway, glad it is together and runs. Enjoy!
    forget the diagram. i just put it together and put my other belt on it and dang! it flies!!! wheelies and everything. definitely worth the $$$$. thanks for all your help.
    Okay the parts did arrive today! good news. whenever you get the chance pictures would be nice for installing. im kinda confused. i am going to start a thread though to see what people say
    put home and work ahead of this. dont worry about the time. No hurry because my parts arent even here. I will let you know when they arrive
    Will try to get it to you tomorrow. Lots going on at home and work and I am really pressed for time. Don't get upset if I can't do it I a JAMMED. As far as shipping from BMI, it took too long but their prices were so good it was worth it.
    There is a sequence to follow when setting the jackshaft up. Send me your e-mail address and I will see if I have a picture of my setup. It is difficult to explain the sequence in words. If I can't find a good picture of it I will sketch out a diagram, scan it and send it to you via e-mail.
    Yes i do have the brake drum on my jack shaft. i do not understand. the way it it was set up before it was on there and there was a metal beam/wire going through the hole on the end of the jack shaft holding it on. the driven occasionally sparked because it rubbed against the brake bolt....
    First of all,do not hesitate to ask questions. You are not bothering me at all as I am happy to help. This is what these sites are all about. As for keeping the driven on the jackshaft, there are grooves cut towards the ends of the jackshaft. A snapring fits into the groove and keeps the driven from coming off of the end of the jackshaft. Do you have a brake drum that fits on your jackshaft?
    i have a belt but its probably not the right size. So i have the jack shaft put together and everything. fixed the brakes. Sorry to ask you all these questions but more will probably follow once i get the parts. One question. How do you make sure the driven stays on the jackshaft. No my jackshaft is fine. I meant my old driven is broken so i bought a new one.
    Keyway is 3/16 and normally keyway does nort come with it but you can get keyway very cheep from any local hardware store. As long as the shaft will accomodate a 3/4 drive yo0u will not have any problems. Did you order a belt? Accurate belt length is critical for proper converter performance. Information will come with the converter on how to measure this. A little tip here, when I measure the clearance for the belt I use a drill bit. This may not make sense right now but after you read the directions on how to measure it should be clear. If you don't understand it let me know and I will further explain. Af far as your jackshaft goes, you can replace it but you will have to cut it to size and put grooves on each end for snap-ring retainers. Again, if you need help with this just ask. Good Luck
    it does have a notch for the keyway. thank god. It has a worn out drive on it and it does have the sleeve with the keyway on it. the sleeve was in use and worked. Like i said i measured the hole for the drive and it is 3/4. which means the sleeve must make it 3/4. So i am confident it is going to work. i put the jackshaft back together..haha hopefully correctly.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…