Recent content by TheCoot

1. TheCoot

Modified Predator 212 carb help!

So I worked on it some this weekend and I think it was the air mixture screw beside the bowl. The one that is facing upside down. It was 2.5 to 3 turns out. I ran it back in, and about 3/4 of the way back out and it did fine and idled way way better. It still has a stumble when you really get on...
  2. TheCoot

It's a 26mm Mikuni knock off. Has no inline filter, gravity feed.I hadn't thought about trash coming from the tank. Pretty simple to pull the carb off and clean it out so may make that the next step. Hopefully it's that simple of a fix! Thanks
  3. TheCoot

Hey guys, So I built an old Coleman frame with a heavily modified predator 212 on it. I know it's all billet internals and it's fast and hateful, but I literally know nothing about it internally. The old carb was clogged too bad to fix so I put a replacement Amazon special on it with the same...
  4. TheCoot

Briggs Model 91202?? Mine Bike Exhaust

As of right now the throttle cable isn’t hooked up correctly, I’ve just been trying to use the mounted throttle arm on the tank to run it, or let it run wide open rather. Lol it seems I’m missing a spring on the back side of that rotator plate for the butterfly. But from what I can tell that...
  5. TheCoot

Not a bad idea, may check that option out once I get it to run decent-ish. Here are a couple pictures I just took. Nothing has been removed or changed, this is how I got it. Let me know if you see anything missing that would cause my issues, or others for that matter. Thanks!!
  6. TheCoot

This is great information! Everything appears to be operating as its supposed to. I'll check the idle screw and make sure its not closed all the way. As for someone that can fab up the intake, I'd be open to someone being able to fab one. Or I may try to tackle it myself. I'm determined to get...
  7. TheCoot

So I got the hot dog muffler on there and all is well with that. However, upon firing it, it'll just stumble for a couple of second and the goes wide open. The throttle is of no effect. Just runs wide open until I pull the plug wire. I've strongly considered ditching the onboard gas tank and...
  8. TheCoot

it is threaded. But has flange holes as well. A piece of 1/2” threaded iron will thread into there??
  9. TheCoot

Hey everyone!! So building a mini bike with my son and this place has been the upmost of helpful with information during this build. Have run into another question. does anyone have experience with this motor? I have one and it didn’t come with any exhaust on it. Does anyone have any...
  10. TheCoot

3.5hp Briggs Clutch Removal

Yes sir, it slides back and forth with a small amount of force, just can’t get it all the way off the crank.
  11. TheCoot

Like the ones you can rent from the auto parts store?
  12. TheCoot

Hey guys, So I need to turn the clutch around on a Briggs but don't know what I need to remove the clutch. Is there a specific puller I can use or will a pulley removal tool from the auto parts store work? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks
  13. TheCoot

MTD Flyer SS003 - Original wheel size/setup

In the endless pursuit of parts for this ride, I haven't been able to find any 1/2" axles, but seems like I could use a long threaded or shouldered bolt to use as an axle. Like I said, total newbie so if this is a dumb question I apologize. I have located wheels and bearings thus far.
  14. TheCoot

Looks like i'll be going with a clutch brake for sure. Are these pretty effective? I'm just going with the small predator so it won't be terribly fast.
  15. TheCoot

great! I’ll get those ordered. It’s a mini bike for my son, so going to explore tire options with him. Now, this is going to sound crazy, but what is a Jack shaft and what’s the purpose?