TrooperJohn

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Trooper John, Thanks for your reply. My Tule Trooper is a 1966 M III, it has a 6HP B&S engine with a seat on the back box. I've posted a couple of photos of it under the photo tab. It was a great find on Craigslist. It was down in Missouri, apparently well shedded for many years. The front forks were bent and the seats had tears but all in all great shape for being 48 years old. Fabricating a kick starter is quite a project; are you mimicking the kick starters B&S used in the 30's - 50's? I live in Webster City Iowa where the original Doodle Bug scooter was manufactured in the late 40's. I'd like to own one but they go for $3000 and up restored and a rusty frame without wheels or engine will bring $400.00. I'll wait until I find a sleeper in a barn or shed someday. Thanks!
    Hey Big Huis, Glad to see a new Trooper rider. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I have not been on here for a long time. I have been working on a lot of projects and am still way behind. Sorry but those 2 questions I have not seen come up before and have no clue of an answer. I think they only made them for about 10 years. I don't believe they made very many. I have 2 that I am still working on. One was done then I decided to make a homemade kick starter for it and I haven't even finished that yet. Sorry I couldn't help but welcome aboard. What kind did you get?
    Trooper John, Do you know the total number of Tule Troopers manufactured and the years they were manufactured? I purchased one last fall and now have it ready to ride. I'd like to know a few details about the Tule Trooper so when I'm asked I can be some what informed. I've searched the web and found a lot of information but not the answer to the two above questions. Thanks, Big Huis
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…