Recent content by wfc

1. wfc

Not so mini bike help please???

Thanks Oldsalt, that makes sense, I'll try and get hold of the 24 tooth as soon as possible. With the 24 tooth being twice as many teeth, would it effectively halve the speed then? Thanks for your input
  2. wfc

Hi, the clutch unfortunately cannot be turned around. Like yourself I wouldnt like to see my leg destroyed by the chain, so I am making a chain guard that will cover it completely. I agree with you about the clutch, and if you know how much it set me back, you'll understand why I am not driving...
  3. wfc

Hi there, I got seriously enthusiastic a while ago about minibikes. I had never seen one before untill about two months ago. They (like gokarts) just dont seem to be relevant out here in South Africa. I know, its crazy, but sadly true! Anyway, I am in the process of building a monster of an...
  4. wfc

Alexander Reynolds Makeover

Hi Jimh, Excelent job on that bike, you can realy be proud of it. As you say, its something to play on, so I wish you many awesome hours of (no breakdown) playtime.
  5. wfc

Dedicated to Briggsscooter

Hi mnibike I think your scooter came out just awesome! How does it go? Is it stable? What problems did you encounter? I ask, because I just happen to have a spare motor and old scooter lying around, and youve gone and created more work for me now! :thumbsup: Be blessed
  6. wfc

CVT help please??

Hi Jimh, Thank you very much for the valuable info!! I will set it up as per your recomendations. Yes it realy is a brilliant setup, and very strong. The egine pulley has a label on that says its good for up to 9000rpm!! I wont go near that though. I do believe this may very well be the only...
  7. wfc

CVT help please??

Thanks Jimh, From what I can determine, the pulley on the motor side closes when it revs up, and the pulley on the gearbox opens up as you drive, is that correct? I will slot the mounting holes on the motor side for adjustment as you sugest. If i understand you correct then with the gearbox...
  8. wfc

CVT help please??

Hi, I just bought a torque converter with gearbox that came out of a 70's model snowmobile. The guy I bought it from imported it from the States about 30 yrs ago to use on a gokart, but never got around to it. I am thinking of using it on an offroad gokart I am currently building together with a...
  9. wfc

Gov/Throttle Postion when starting?

The ignition timing is controlled by the magnets on the flywheel. They in turn are kept in place by the flywheel key. The timing needs to be advanced by about 6 degrees to get real good usable power from the motor. There is an offset key available for this purpose which will just replace your...
  10. wfc

Hi DSLDAW, Removing the stock muffler and spark arrestor is fine, it is one of the first steps to getting the motor to flow a bit better. The stock system is realy not designed with any kind of real performance in mind. You may have to find out if your state has an issue with removing spark...
  11. wfc

Hi from future minibiker.....

Hi Strigoi The kart that the motor is going on is being built as an off road kart with full suspension, rollcage and four point harness. The centre of gravity is very low, so cornering is quite easy, and the stearing is adjustable rack and pinion. The front suspension is off a yamaha blaster...
  12. wfc

Hi DSLDAW, Simply removing the governor without any other modifications such as stronger valve springs porting, skimming the head, bigger carb or cam will not result in the type of rpms you are talking about. I have a gx 240 with gx390 carb, header exhaust, ported head, 6 degrees advance and...
  13. wfc

HoNdA Gc160

Hi Dave, If your Honda is the genuine article, and you still have the factory air cleaner and inlet system then there should be two levers coming out under the aircleaner. The bottom black one is the fuel cutoff, and the top white one is the choke lever. The white lever should attach to the...
  14. wfc

Hi Wayne. Thanks for the feedback. Yes we do have most of the things you have mentioned, I...

Hi Wayne. Thanks for the feedback. Yes we do have most of the things you have mentioned, I will be using an old enduro bike as a donor for my project, I think it will look quite mean. I will be running it with a honda gx 240 motor as soon as I get around to finding a suitable clutch.
  15. wfc

Hi from future minibiker.....

Hi Fullthrottle, thanks for the offer, but I think I'll stay here for now. Too many people have left this country already. Its like you say, together we stand divided we fall.... Anyway besides the spares problem, and the high cost of living, the job shortages, continual striking, the massive...