Recent content by Zaxphyr

1. Zaxphyr

Help With Racing Pred 212/DB30

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I know the engine has the power, it's just the delivery I'm having issues with. I see these other bikes pulling 8 second passes with predator engines and I'm trying to get to that point. I was hoping for some advice so I don't spend tons of cash trying out...
  2. Zaxphyr

Haven't got a tach yet, but I only weigh 140 and it takes a lot of effort to keep the front down taking off from low speeds.
  3. Zaxphyr

Pretty sure its a 10T, whatever they come with stock. The spring is loaded in the first hole, aka the one where it isn't supposed to climb hills well.
  4. Zaxphyr

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a few pointers on getting my minibike to its peak performance. The 212 is a hemi with billet rod, flywheel, mod2 cam, etc. and is built very well and runs great, if I had to guesstimate it has around 12hp. However, the top speed isn't quite were I expected it to be...
  5. Zaxphyr

Hemi Head Mamba Cam Issues!?!?

Yes, I took a sliver off of the crank and now its all good. Thanks for the help!
  6. Zaxphyr

Help with New Engine Build!

So yeah, I ground a little sliver off of the crank with a dremel and now everything spins freely! First small engine that I've ever heavily modified and this thing is freakin sweet. I put a tach on it and it seems to free spin ~7500rpm, I plan on fine tuning the fueling and hope to get it on the...
  7. Zaxphyr

Lifters are installed but they are being held up with assembly lube. I'm going to check what everyone is saying about the extra material on the crank, that sounds like a possibility. I though with such a mild cam I could get away with no grinding but that's part of getting a clone a guess.
  8. Zaxphyr

Hemi Head Mamba Cam Issues!?!?

Did you grind the cam lobe or the little protrusion on the crank? I think I may be having the same problem...
  9. Zaxphyr

Hi, I'm currently in the process of building my 212cc hemi head and have run into an issue. I applied assembly lube to all the internal gears and went to spin the crank by hand and it binds up after a few spins and will do it in both directions. It only does it with the front cover and camshaft...