What is this?

fhpe77

Thanks for the responses. Seems like it's a little newer than the stuff I like, but mid-eighties I was a teenager. I would have had fun with something like that back then. I may go check it out and see if I like it in person.

-Ray

fhpe77

Markus, you think you can somehow send me a higher resolution image of that spec sheet? I can't quite read it. Thank you.

-Ray

markus

Thats the best photo I could ever get off that ebay add years ago, I have a picture of the earlier version of it when the company was still called Dailex, but its not that great either and the bike shows a little different since its a couple years earlier version.

The one above and what yours matches is from a 1985 KEZ enterprises catalog This is from a 1980/81 Dailex catalog (they went under and KEZ took over)

You can see the differences in that one compared to yours (handlebars, seat color, etc..) The 1988 catalog does not show your version...that was about the end of the line for them from what I have found. You may want to look for old 1980's "kart world" catalogs as they were a reseller for them and you will find them listed/shown in those catalogs as well.

Last edited:

fhpe77

Markus,

Woo!, good information. Thanks again. Unfortunately it's not mine yet. I am considering purchasing it. Since that engine could be original, maybe a full restoration is in order. The only problem is I like to hotrod my stuff and that bike seems to be mostly complete. I don't want to bastardize (improve) something that is reasonably original to start with. I know we are talking about mini bikes and not some low production car, but still, the karma gods may frown upon my means and methods. I need to give this some more thought and come up with a plan if I choose to move forward with this project.

-Ray