Can anyone help with this?

Can someone help me identify this bike? I know the engine is a 1952 Briggs NR6 and it has a transmission on it. The transmission slips pretty bad at high rpms. 46AD085F-A1AC-49F5-B7F7-0E6D66607AAF.jpeg

I bought it from someone not really knowing much about it. The engine runs great. It’s kinda sketchy trying to get sucker in gear though. 8F17D0BE-84CD-4D5B-8532-FB5D769CE2C2.jpeg 845E0FAA-02FA-44B3-929B-8068739928B1.jpeg

I saw that on ebay several months ago. I was under the impression it was scratch built. The plunger type rear suspension was used a long time ago on some British bikes. Very cool. I thought the bike was nicely done, but the front fender is wrong. He had to flip it backwards to clear the down tubes. He should have just gone with a simpler fender IMO. Minor thing.

The tires look to be Shinko SR's and keeping the white walls clean is a chore when the chain spits lube at them.

It's a very nice bike, and there are others here far more savvy than I on vintage bikes, but I feel pretty certain it is a one-off, and a nicely done one that is very close to being a show stopper. You might look at some of the offerings from British Cycle Supply, as they sell some re-pop BSA plunger frames that are pretty close to what you have here.

A nice bike to have.

http://www.britcycle.com/Products/544/544_801_C.htm

COOL ride...it sure has a big-o front fender! Nice intake/carb, what brand is the carb?
Also, how many speeds/ratios does the tranny have? Like Littlebear said, the suspension
is interesting, look at that springer fork! Good info from HDave.

Well I did find an unanswered forum post somewhere online asking about the same exact bike but no one knew what it was. The bike on that post was yellow and sure enough under the paint on my bike it’s yellow. So it seems like there were a few of these things made. Just unsure who the manufacturer is

COOL ride...it sure has a big-o front fender! Nice intake/carb, what brand is the carb?
Also, how many speeds/ratios does the tranny have? Like Littlebear said, the suspension
is interesting, look at that springer fork! Good info from HDave.
It seems to only have one gear in forward. The carb is stock to the Briggs but it’s missing the air cleaner. I think they used some sort of oil bath type of filter.

That sure looks like the same bike. I guess I too am wrong about the front fender. Nah, when the bike was produced, that art deco fender was installed backwards. LOL! Just that it was done originally.

Maybe that engine will provide a clue for the smart guys here.

One thing for sure, it definitely illustrates the level of restoration done to your bike along the way.

For clarity, I wanted to say that, yes, the front fender should be turned around per HDave, but put on the back,
while bringing the little back fender up front, although I have at times myself run a bigger front than back..
Either way, gee-whiz, it's 66 years old, what a find and restoration! Are there still parts for a 1952 Briggs?

There are a few places I found that do sell parts for the old Briggs. I can’t find any info at all on the transmission. It engages more like a PTO. You basically need to get this thing rolling then engage it. If not then it just stalls out. I’m just wondering if I should take it apart since it will just stay in place at high rpms. Low rpms it engages and takes off. Maybe it has some sort of clutch springs in it or something

Maybe it's a one-off and your bike is the very same one (as the yellow bike), before (yellow) and after (maroon). I'd like to see larger pics of the yellow bike to compare details. I saved a couple of pics from the eBay listing.

Strange1.jpg

Strange2.jpg

I guess to me looking at it in person it seems too well built to be built by someone in there garage. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't even had luck figuring out what kind of PTO is bolted to the motor. Anytime I show pictures of it to the antique Briggs guys I get puzzled looks. It definitely draws attention when I pull the bike out the garage though.

I guess to me looking at it in person it seems too well built to be built by someone in there garage. Maybe I'm wrong. I haven't even had luck figuring out what kind of PTO is bolted to the motor. Anytime I show pictures of it to the antique Briggs guys I get puzzled looks. It definitely draws attention when I pull the bike out the garage though.
There are people with fantastic skills. Check out the motorcycles and tractors this guy created, including the engines.
https://www.youtube.com/user/dieselguzzi/videos