Tecumseh h35 serial number. When was it built?

markus

1969 the serial number first digit is the last number in the year (9=1969) the following digits will be the day of the year it was made (252+ september 8-ish)

Thanks Markus,
Everytime I look at those darn numbers I get confused. Getting old that's for sure. Wondering if you think it might be the original engine on the K&S Hornet I bought off Craigslist. The guy said it came on the bike. I'm trying to date the project. Here's a pic of it. The seat came out of my garage stash. 20181115_112642.jpg Screenshot_2018-11-13-16-35-09.png What do you guys think? 20181115_112654.jpg

It does look like the pleated vinyl. That can be reused to make a smaller seat. That pleated vinyl is not cheap to buy.
I'm having a new seat made with my local guy here. He just started his business and needs a little help and he's a good minibike guy. But I will say that,
It's a great idea to recycle that pleating on the top as it looks like it's in pretty good shape to me. I'll come up with some off-brand clunker that needs a seat eventually LOL thank you.