Need help with part numbers HS50 gas tank bracket

What bracket number is suppose to be attached to this tank? I have found a few on eBay but they kind of look the same.

I believe it comes in 2 pieces but I just need the top bracket I believe it will hold just fine... 3ECC2AA2-24B2-41F4-ACE5-D87F2635803F.jpeg

That takes the same mount all the HS engines take, listed on Ebay. We could tell you the exact part number if you supplied the engine model number, and I know which ones I'd buy if I needed one.

You should also get the lower piece, because you're going to have 4 pounds of gasoline swishing and swirling and vibrating around, and held in to position with two course threaded screws sitting in plastic. You should also consider the baffle that goes with it, which keeps heat off of the tank, although IMO that is not much of an issue with anything I've experienced.

Those parts are still available NOS I believe.

This one would work for the top. https://www.ebay.com/i/163426221885?chn=ps

markus

I dont have the part numbers offhand, but the upper was just the standard 2qt bracket on those that they used from late '69 up to the late 90's when they went to that huge fuel cap in the center tank like you have on your bike.

They actually used them as well on the early engines too, but the bolt pattern is smaller so if its for an actual HS engine you want to make sure its got the oblonged holes for the head bolts because they increased the head bolt pattern. the oblonged holes made it universal to the small frame engines.

the center tank has the small bolt pattern only holes:

I see them on ebay alot, I have them in stock (used) as well if you cant find one. The bottom mount on your tank might be the updated slip in tab, as that tank looks like the later 80/early 90's style.

On the top mount the ones that have the 90 degree piece on the front (over the tank when mounted, are the same as well and they just tack welded that sheet metal pice on there, so If you find one of those really cheap or in primo shape, it can be easily be cut off.