Portland VMBC National Meet and......

The biggest little bike meet in the country, The Vintage Motorbike Club's 47th annual running at the Portland Indiana Fairgrounds will be starting in little over a week however if you want to arrive early and stay all week long like many do you can show up next Monday.

Its not to late to make your plans, just make sure you bring a bike because you will ride your you know what off. Also be ready to shop or sell till you drop because the whole place is a huge small bike swap meet

Wauseon Ohio fairgrounds are hosting the Antique Motorcycle Club of America's national meet this weekend also on the 19th. thru the 21st. Not a rider event but a great swapmeet and some of the best vintage flattrack races in the country on Friday night.

O.J.

I got a swap meet spot for Wauseon, this year, after being on a waiting list for a couple years. Over 700 vendors, I’m in spot #556. Stop by and say “Hey”. Gotta’ look into that VMBC meet for next year. Thanks for the info.

Relic,

You got plenty of time to still make it this year. You could even head over right from Wauseon, its only a couple of hours away even though things really don't get cooking until Wednesday.

O.J.

From what I see this is a weeklong celebration. Unfortunately the only day i can squeeze out maybe Saturday. Is it worth coming up on Saturday or it "All over but the shouting" at that point?

Oldcarcbx,

Usually by Saturday the place starts really thinning out. Personally, if you can't make it earlier in the week you won't be able to get the full experience.

O.J.

Thanks for the tip, O.J.Didit! Time off from work prevented going, this year. But I retire this winter! Good things said about the Portland meet by everyone I talked to at Wauseon and I just watched the meet video on the Vintage Motorbike Club website. Looks way cool. Really want to go, next summer.