Honda GC160?

Sooner79

I recently saved a pressure washer from my son-in-law’s trash (the pump crashed and he was told it would be more expensive to fix than to buy a whole new pressure washer). The Honda GC160 engine runs fine and doesn‘t have very many hours on it. Before I remove the engine and save it for some future project, is there any drawback to the GC engine being a residential grade, where the GX is commercial grade? Is a genuine Honda GC still better quality than a clone GX? Any drawback to this GC160 having a vertical cylinder? Thanks.

A044403E-68D8-4F12-9F30-801FEA10B126.jpeg B3170842-6945-4E69-9A0B-AFFEDA5FD021.jpeg

Davis

No that motor is not as good as a gx. But still a good motor. The only hang up on them for a mini bike is the front exhaust. Hell I have the same pressure washer and just replaced the pump for $75 on Amazon and it works great.

Sooner79

No that motor is not as good as a gx. But still a good motor. The only hang up on them for a mini bike is the front exhaust. Hell I have the same pressure washer and just replaced the pump for $75 on Amazon and it works great.
I’d rather have the pressure washer work! Any chance you’ve got a link to the part you ordered on Amazon? Thanks.

Just look at your pump for the model number, Or google the make and psi of what you have. If you change your mind, I have some header pipes.

Those GC engines have a wide flat torque band from fast idle to maximum rpm which makes them very well suited for minibikes. Owen has the return bend (180 degree) header pipes to get your exhaust headed out the back so it's an easy installation.

old shed finds

Those GC engines have a wide flat torque band from fast idle to maximum rpm which makes them very well suited for minibikes. Owen has the return bend (180 degree) header pipes to get your exhaust headed out the back so it's an easy installation.
We have 2 of me one is on a bike they do have good torque for a bike we had pipe laying around and built our header pipe.

Attachments

colt 1911

I recently saved a pressure washer from my son-in-law’s trash (the pump crashed and he was told it would be more expensive to fix than to buy a whole new pressure washer). The Honda GC160 engine runs fine and doesn‘t have very many hours on it. Before I remove the engine and save it for some future project, is there any drawback to the GC engine being a residential grade, where the GX is commercial grade? Is a genuine Honda GC still better quality than a clone GX? Any drawback to this GC160 having a vertical cylinder? Thanks.

View attachment 265966 View attachment 265967
do you still have the cart?