What exact of trail horse is this?

So I recently pulled this out of a field and my knowledge of vintage bikes is very little I know it’s a trail horse and it’s a GTO-1500 2apeed automatic but that’s it

Attachments

That's a bucket list bike for me. Been wanting a big block Trail Horse since I saw one at Windber. Let me know if you want to sell it
Hey man where can I find a serial on the motor I’m trying to identify what it is as I don’t know exactly I found a ez go and a wizard trail horse but this is not any of those

capguncowboy

Hey man where can I find a serial on the motor I’m trying to identify what it is as I don’t know exactly I found a ez go and a wizard trail horse but this is not any of those
Yes, on the side of the blower housing, left of the recoil. The first digit of the serial number will tell you the year. 0 would by 1970, 1 would be 1971 and so on.

That’s what I thought but didn’t want to sound dumb hahaha ok so so far it’s a 1969 trail horse...? Just like that it’s missing the original throttle and throttle cable and the rear sprocket and chain that’s it everything is there

I sprayed staring fluid in the carb inlet and it started up followed by years of dust sounds powerful so the real question is should I full restore it? Or drive it the way it sits