I don't think this is right?

My friend Patric both both mini bikes to see which one he likes the best off road. We took both of the up my mountain and he had a good work out with both bikes.
They are a BT200X and a CT200U-EX. The latter seemed to do very well on the steeper climbs and loose rocks. He did notice there was a banging in the front end. I though maybe the forks were bottoming out, they were not.
What we noticed was the front fork head was fee to move over 1/2 inch up/down. This does not look right to me. I would thing this should be solid only allowed the smallest of play by free to turn right/left.
I can make him some spacers that will prevent movement and protect the two dissimilar metals.
What do you say?
20200806_162150.jpg 20200806_162132.jpg

Last edited:
10mm washers, OD of washers should be small enough to contact only the inner race of the bearings. You may need to add an extra washer or two, or loosen the lower triple clamp, slide it up a bit higher on the fork tubes and retighten.

It might be wise to check the BT200X for the presence of washers. Colemans ship without the forks installed so there's a high probability that the same person assembled both. Since the triple clamps can be moved/positioned on the fork tubes, a lack of slop doesn't necessarily mean the washers are present.

Cuda54

Check the ends of the tube clamps on the aluminum parts it looks like maybe one slid on the fork tubes. You might just have to add a thin washer and slide it back to close the gap.