What are these wheels?

markus

Forgot I had these, similar to tri stars.. just not sure what they are? They are 5" I'm thinking Kart?
View attachment 274185 View attachment 274185

McCulloch used them on their karts, there were some other applications later on but I don't think they were MB's, Dave Libertine had done a buyout of those later ones and altered them so they could work on MB's and Karts and sold them for years on ebay.....Not really sure how to tell the difference between them and the earlier or if their was a difference, a well versed kart enthusiast would know.

I would have answered with "Mac" and been in error after Googling.

From what I read, those are early Azusa wheels. They made the McCulloch wheels as well, but the bolts were recessed, not protruding with that ridge. Check kart forums- Removing that raised area and counterboring for bolts is part of the McCulloch conversion. Of course yours would be fronts, since rears are splined for a key way. These might bring in some good money from a vintage karter needing to restore a Mac. Dave-

I would have answered with "Mac" and been in error after Googling.

From what I read, those are early Azusa wheels. They made the McCulloch wheels as well, but the bolts were recessed, not protruding with that ridge. Check kart forums- Removing that raised area and counterboring for bolts is part of the McCulloch conversion. Of course yours would be fronts, since rears are splined for a key way. These might bring in some good money from a vintage karter needing to restore a Mac. Dave-
Thanks Dave, I appreciate it.

They made 4" Tri Stars also. Snagged a set off of a high end pressure washer.

Going to look nice on a Lil Indian or a Micro.

O.J.
I have 3 sets of these, not sure they're AZUSA as all mine had a little gold "Made in China" sticker on them. One set was junk, the seller forgot to ad that he overtightened the bolts, cracking the rims around all the bolt holes. I was overseas when they arrived so I didn't find out until months later.

A2M