Going through some old pics and came across this one my uncle had

I'm guessing it's from the late-50s or early-60s based off other pics I have that are similar. He's probably the one that took the pic since none of the guys on the bike look like he did when he was younger.

Thought it was a neat pic and worth sharing.

I've got a lot of cool car pics from him as he was a huge car guy (back in the day stuff). If I get bored I'll see about scanning some and getting them up on here. I kind of regret never getting to know him better. He died back in 2015.

Attachments

pomfish

That is great!
Thanks for sharing.
This would be good thread for old pics back in the day even if they are not all mini bike.

Most of my youth family/friends black and white pics were lost in the 1972 Agnes flood. My sister has a few that survived but no mini bikes.
Love to watch old Dragnet just for the cars in the background.

Google is supposed to have an app which cleans up pics taken of pics, de ages them etc. Never tried it. I bought a small scanner that is sized for old Kodak prints it does OK but is low res and do not even know if it will run on Win10 as have not used it in years.
Thanks

Keith

The scanner I have has some software that will clean up pics and it works quite well. The scanner itself is the issue. The thing is kind of big and I don't have space on my desk for it. It's not a bust it out for a few pictures type thing. I'd love to get a lot of these pics online because they're just cool.

That's my uncle in the driver's seat of the attached pic. Back of the picture shown too. Stuff like that is just cool as can be IMO.

Attachments

I74

The scanner I have has some software that will clean up pics and it works quite well. The scanner itself is the issue. The thing is kind of big and I don't have space on my desk for it. It's not a bust it out for a few pictures type thing. I'd love to get a lot of these pics online because they're just cool.

That's my uncle in the driver's seat of the attached pic. Back of the picture shown too. Stuff like that is just cool as can be IMO.
Headers & everything !!
That is,, ''very cool''. :cool:

Very Cool pics! Ya never know what you'll find in those old family albums.

I'm guessing it's from the late-50s or early-60s based off other pics I have that are similar. He's probably the one that took the pic since none of the guys on the bike look like he did when he was younger.

Thought it was a neat pic and worth sharing.

I've got a lot of cool car pics from him as he was a huge car guy (back in the day stuff). If I get bored I'll see about scanning some and getting them up on here. I kind of regret never getting to know him better. He died back in 2015.
Looks like a Doodlebug.

I just came across this post and had to say that's a seriously cool pic! It's always fun to go through old photos and find hidden gems like that. And it sounds like your uncle was pretty cool, being into cars and all. Speaking of photos, have you heard of the Smart Engines SDK? This amazing technology can accurately read and analyze text and codes from photos, even if they're old or low-quality. It could potentially be a game-changer for scanning and digitizing old photos like the ones your uncle took. I'm new to this forum and love chatting with people about technology and how it's evolving. It's amazing to think about how far we've come in terms of photo scanning and digitization. Who knows, maybe in a few years, we'll have even more advanced technology to enhance old photos further.