My childhood minibike

Hi folks! This is my childhood minibike...my dad bought it used probably in the early 1990s in Kansas City. It's back to living in my garage (hasn't gotten any use in about 25 years, although it started when my dad drove it up to my house years ago). Considering selling it just for the space, but I'd like to at least identify what it is. My dad added the kill switch for turning off the motor. Parts of the paint chipping off make me think it was originally green and was repainted red. I've found no identifying writing. I also did an image search with Google Lens, still no luck matching it up to an identity. Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction!

IMG_20220522_180607028.jpg IMG_20220522_180617775.jpg

AKA a "Roper" sold through Sears and Roebuck back in the day. The Briggs engine is not original- it would have come with a Tecumseh.
Michael

Keep it. The little money you get for it will be forgotten quickly. Find a spot to store it. I kept my Rupp in the attic for years. I thought about selling many times. Glad I didn’t. I regained interest in it again and when I’m done I’ll put it away again. I’ve owned it for 32 years or so now. I’ll pass it on to my kids.

Triley41395

Looks like it's had the gussets for the fender and shock trimmed. I see a scrub brake but it doesn't look right, the mounting bracket is wrong. It may have came new with a jack shaft and no scrub brake? Maybe it is just how it was made that year I'm not sure.

Thanks all! I understand those who advocate keeping it...I'm on a minibike forum after all...my normal haunt is a steel guitar forum where the sentiment (and the in-house expertise!) is very similar. So there are definitely things I value and keep for sentimental reasons (I never play my 1957 Fender Stringmaster any more but it is going nowhere!). But this one is getting no use, unlikely to do so in the future...and I'd rather see someone else (who maybe is missing a bit of their childhood) enjoy it.

So it has a replaced engine and seat, missing that little gas tank thing on top and a front decorative plate it looks like. Certainly not original, but I doubt many of these are at this point?

That said...being completely ignorant of the vintage minibike market...some of the selling prices I've seen were way high above what I assumed was a fair price. I know the rules are not to ask for a value estimate in this forum, so I'm not going to...but any tips, for someone completely unaware, for coming up with a price range that is reasonable and fair? I could price it like how I was originally thinking...my goal is not to make a bunch of money, just to open up my garage and maybe give this bike someone who will actively appreciate/maintain/use it...and I'm guessing it will sell REALLLY fast, but if there is a "reasonable" range I would lean towards pricing it on the lower end so the person gets a good deal, but its not a straight up giveaway, either. So any suggestions for figuring that out are appreciated!

And again, I know I probably sound heartless...you guys love these things like I love my first guitars...but unless I'm going to go full hoarder, it's good to let things go from time to time and I think there are people out there that might love something like this. Again, thanks for your help! The seat being different completely threw me off track in identifying it.

toomanytoys

People list bikes for exuberant prices but I bet most of them don’t ever sell for that price.

I’m about to try it out with one of mine. I bet it doesn’t sell.

GustoGuy

Thanks all! I understand those who advocate keeping it...I'm on a minibike forum after all...my normal haunt is a steel guitar forum where the sentiment (and the in-house expertise!) is very similar. So there are definitely things I value and keep for sentimental reasons (I never play my 1957 Fender Stringmaster any more but it is going nowhere!). But this one is getting no use, unlikely to do so in the future...and I'd rather see someone else (who maybe is missing a bit of their childhood) enjoy it.

So it has a replaced engine and seat, missing that little gas tank thing on top and a front decorative plate it looks like. Certainly not original, but I doubt many of these are at this point?

That said...being completely ignorant of the vintage minibike market...some of the selling prices I've seen were way high above what I assumed was a fair price. I know the rules are not to ask for a value estimate in this forum, so I'm not going to...but any tips, for someone completely unaware, for coming up with a price range that is reasonable and fair? I could price it like how I was originally thinking...my goal is not to make a bunch of money, just to open up my garage and maybe give this bike someone who will actively appreciate/maintain/use it...and I'm guessing it will sell REALLLY fast, but if there is a "reasonable" range I would lean towards pricing it on the lower end so the person gets a good deal, but its not a straight up giveaway, either. So any suggestions for figuring that out are appreciated!

And again, I know I probably sound heartless...you guys love these things like I love my first guitars...but unless I'm going to go full hoarder, it's good to let things go from time to time and I think there are people out there that might love something like this. Again, thanks for your help! The seat being different completely threw me off track in identifying it.
It is difficult if not impossible to find an absolutely original bike. Most have been repainted or have snowblower engines replacing the original Tecumseh HS40. I have a resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 which I enjoy. 50 year old bikes unless it is the ultimate old school new in box are a rare thing after 50 plus years these bikes have been around