Extra pully

copyman

I was at a weekly flea market near my town and saw a few vintage Tecumseh engines that looked nice for $50 each but had an extra pulley besides the PTO on side cover. Think some snow blowers used that extra pulley? The guy is there every week so told him I would look into it and stop back. What would need to be done to get rid of that pulley and make it into regular engine? I know it would probably need new side cover once removed but what about inside engine, etc?

Thanks

novadose74

I was at a weekly flea market near my town and saw a few vintage Tecumseh engines that looked nice for $50 each but had an extra pulley besides the PTO on side cover. Think some snow blowers used that extra pulley? The guy is there every week so told him I would look into it and stop back. What would need to be done to get rid of that pulley and make it into regular engine? I know it would probably need new side cover once removed but what about inside engine, etc?

Thanks
Run the engine, take a hacksaw blade to the little shaft flush to the block, once you cut it off, it’s flush to the block, no more worries,

copyman

Ha-ha. That's exactly what the guy selling engines said. Never thought of running engine when cutting off the pulley. Stupid me I would of hacked it off with engine not running.

I would still like to know how to convert to just the PTO if someone can post? Guess if I buy one should be able to see what's involved.

Thanks

With that auxillary driveshaft the engine came off of a snowblower or a earth tiller. You will need the "regular" side cover w/o then extra hole and a "regular" cam gear w/o the extended PTO end.
Michael