B.A.T. is rocking this week

I think it's been said before, BAT is definitely for the fat wallet crowd. Seems like every minibike auction there has at least one "Dumb and Dumber" comment.
You think almost $2k for a minibike is out of touch? Look up any old school ('80s-'90s) BMX stuff if you want to be sticker shocked...

Yesterday I sold a 1955 Ariel dirt bike on BAT for a longtime family friend. This was my sixth BAT auction. Her late husband's motorcycle had been sitting unused for ~20 years until I got it running for the sale. We were pleased with the outcome and the process was fun, as always. Next up will be her husband's fiberglass Jaguar replica kit car that has also been parked for a long time.

No Reserve: 1955 Ariel Red Hunter Scrambler

That
Ooh, someone's selling a 'Lil' Indian.

No Reserve: 1969 “Lil” Indian
That's a beautiful bike, I love the theme. I may have to steal that idea.
I do see a few concerns however.
With the jackshaft mounts welded to the frame and the rear axle stationary there is no adjustment for the rear chain. You can see the slack there already. I dunno if a half link will correct this, but still have to be aware of chain stretch.
The brake caliper is mounted directly to the bracket, with no bushings so it can't "float". Essentially when you squeeze the lever, only the outboard pad is contacting the sprocket and pushing on it, instead of squeezing it from both sides giving marginal braking at best. Many people complain about these style brakes and they are usually mounted like this. With a hot WB700 I'd want the best brakes possible.
The description claims it has a polished Fairbanks Morse starter, clearly it isn't from the pics.
I saw a few other things but they are easily corrected and it's just me being picky. I believe this is a members bike, perhaps he can chime in?
Again, BEAUTIFUL bike. I'm sure the new owner will be happy!

Wbcor

541EC9FC-8E40-4716-BD71-CE80AE47FCBA.jpeg
Once again BAT rejected my submission. I was rejected late last summer as well. For the time and money I have into this (a lot and a lot) BAT is the ideal place to sell it. I just saw the ‘lil Indian for $4,100. Geez, I think mine at least rates that. I submitted as no reserve and added two videos to many pictures. Do I need to go to Mt. St. Helens to do a photo shoot? I’ve never seen a Bonanza. Here on the West Coast they were the premium mini’s.
I “appealed” the rejection last time and got a friendly “can’t list everything” response.
what am I doing wrong?

That

That's a beautiful bike, I love the theme. I may have to steal that idea.
I do see a few concerns however.
With the jackshaft mounts welded to the frame and the rear axle stationary there is no adjustment for the rear chain. You can see the slack there already. I dunno if a half link will correct this, but still have to be aware of chain stretch.
The brake caliper is mounted directly to the bracket, with no bushings so it can't "float". Essentially when you squeeze the lever, only the outboard pad is contacting the sprocket and pushing on it, instead of squeezing it from both sides giving marginal braking at best. Many people complain about these style brakes and they are usually mounted like this. With a hot WB700 I'd want the best brakes possible.
The description claims it has a polished Fairbanks Morse starter, clearly it isn't from the pics.
I saw a few other things but they are easily corrected and it's just me being picky. I believe this is a members bike, perhaps he can chime in?
Again, BEAUTIFUL bike. I'm sure the new owner will be happy!
Pretty sure that was Kyle Moody's bike?

2old2care

Yesterday I sold a 1955 Ariel dirt bike on BAT for a longtime family friend. This was my sixth BAT auction. Her late husband's motorcycle had been sitting unused for ~20 years until I got it running for the sale. We were pleased with the outcome and the process was fun, as always. Next up will be her husband's fiberglass Jaguar replica kit car that has also been parked for a long time.

No Reserve: 1955 Ariel Red Hunter Scrambler

This photo of the Ariel is a perfect example of the best way to sell something - You need to create DESIRE in the buyer's heart :~)