Trailblazing Horse roller find! Have some Questions.

Biffmini

Found this General Appliance Trailblazer roller and have been searching for info. Will most likely be a custom build unless I find the missing parts.

Everything points to a Montgomery Wards with what's left of the original all white seat(someone put black tape on it) with the sweet 6 inch Manco wheels. From all the pictures that I've seen none had the band brake on the Jack shaft unless I missed it.

Is it a Trailblazer model 500 or ? 1969-72? Any info will be appreciated. Scratching this one off my list.
View attachment 292946
That's a great find a few models did have jack shaft band brake.
My wards bike has five spoke wheels & band on the rear. Looks like someone squeezed the TC on there...

Lizardking

That's a great find a few models did have jack shaft band brake.
My wards bike has five spoke wheels & band on the rear. Looks like someone squeezed the TC on there...
Thanks! Is your bike on the Trail horse or wards media? I did read on here that these with the band ont the jack came with the 3 angle kick stand bolted to the engine plate instead of welded bracket for the L stand.

I did notice that all Trailblazer pictures I saw with the jack shaft didn't have a tav on it. Now I know it was Macgyvered on there with brackets to raise the Jack shaft!

Thanks! Is your bike on the Trail horse or wards media? I did read on here that these with the band ont the jack came with the 3 angle kick stand bolted to the engine plate instead of welded bracket for the L stand.

I did notice that all Trailblazer pictures I saw with the jack shaft didn't have a tav on it. Now I know it was Macgyvered on there with brackets to raise the Jack shaft!
Currently everything I have is General Appliance Trail Blazer. Nothing is badged as a Wards or other store. If you go to @SimpleTom pictures, he has the brochure scanned for the LTD1530 I believe. I know you could get the Trail Horse GTO upper model with a TAV factory, but I'm not 100% on the Trail Blazer.

Biffmini

Wards

Lizardking

Currently everything I have is General Appliance Trail Blazer. Nothing is badged as a Wards or other store. If you go to @SimpleTom pictures, he has the brochure scanned for the LTD1530 I believe. I know you could get the Trail Horse GTO upper model with a TAV factory, but I'm not 100% on the Trail Blazer.
This thread has good information and my bike matches most everything to the one on there except the band brake on the Jack shaft.
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/general-appliance-mini-bike.162604/

Do you have any pictures of your bikes and the Jack shaft brake set ups?

Last edited:

Biffmini

Found this don't know anything about the correct set up. I hope help finds you.......
53536d1366678357-htf-jackshaft-brake-trail-horse-bonanza-harrison-jackshaft

Lizardking

This is in Trail Horse media
Thank you! Just trying to find out as much as I can on this particular Wards model. What model # did it have on the clutch cover like this Blazer LTD 230 cover? Not saying I'm going to find an og cover but can copy it.
Screenshot_20220811-151803_Chrome.jpg

I'm going to say it had this type of "WARD" fork plate decal.
1506259848129-267250608.jpg

Lizardking

I'd say most likely badged with that Wards decal.
I might have decal & repo clutch guard. View attachment 293051
Sweet bike! Mostly original? This one is the one with white Grips and covers?

Here's a good thread where @SimpleTom talks about the ones with the brake on the Jack have a weird swingarm to maybe accommodate the band brake. Wish the scans were still visible on that thread. I looked in his media and didn't see them.
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...orse-trail-blazer-guys-check-this-out.106047/