Greetings

SAS289

Goodness... The fixed sheeve that you put on first needs the thick spacer and a large flat washer on the crankshaft before you put the fixed sheeve on. This spaces it away from the TAV plate. You should have those in the kit.

Yes I have those. If the drive pulley is supposed to hang off the crank and this is the reason for the 2.5 inch 5/16-24 bolt then I think I'm still working on the right track.

After finally tracking down the bolt mentioned it looks as though it only extends beyond the pulley a quarter inch. This is only going to put a few threads of the bolt into the shaft. I'm going to get a 3 inch long bolt and see if that might do it.

SAS289

After finally tracking down the bolt mentioned it looks as though it only extends beyond the pulley a quarter inch. This is only going to put a few threads of the bolt into the shaft. I'm going to get a 3 inch long bolt and see if that might do it.
That doesn't sound right. You shouldn't need longer than a 2 1/2" bolt. Send a picture of what you are seeing with the bolt just starting to thread into the crankshaft.

If you are not bottoming out in the hole threads, rather than stack up a bunch of washers I would have used a 5/16-24 die (they are cheap and available at any hardware store) and cut another 1/2" or so of threads on your bolt. If you are bottoming out with the 2.5" bolt, it looks like the 2" bolt would be correct.
Michael

Last edited: