ford econoline van build

kidgambit

i bought this body for 150 bucks. and this is just the few things i have done so far.

Attachments

Great find! I used to have one, It was a promo for Firestone "Super Stones" auto tires...It was a one wheel peal yard cart with scrub brakes and a three horse Briggs...I traded an old single shot .410 for it then sold it for five hundred bucks!...It was mint and it had Super Stones lettering on the tires too!...

i dont have any updates this week. i didnt do much to the body. just filler primer on the spot above the windshield area. still some small voids to fill.

i dont have any updates this week. i didnt do much to the body. just filler primer on the spot above the windshield area. still some small voids to fill.
I follow this guy on the tube and I had forgotten that he had done this chassis build video. He is building a miniature, all steel, 1956 Buick much along the same scale as the van body you have. I doubt you intend to go this elaborate, but you might pick up some ideas at the least. He is a highly accomplished metal fabricator and is extremely creative with his solutions to problems. Besides this little Buick build he is in the middle of converting a 1939 Lincoln Zepher from a 4 door to a properly proportioned 2 door. Hope it helps. Look around as he is an interesting guy.

(1) Handmade Mini 1956 Buick - Chassis Build!! - YouTube

copyman

That is really cool. I drive a 2011 E250 for work. Great van but shame they all rust out. Hope you can find the frame for it. Keep us updated.

By the way noticed your not wearing a mask while painting. Think you would be smiling in the pics from being high from paint fumeso_O

That is really cool. I drive a 2011 E250 for work. Great van but shame they all rust out. Hope you can find the frame for it. Keep us updated.

By the way noticed your not wearing a mask while painting. Think you would be smiling in the pics from being high from paint fumeso_O
there enough ventilation from garage door and fan