Massimo MB200S

LIVIT

I just recently came across this one. I can get it on sale for $600. It has F&R suspension. I like what I'm seeing online but have not seen one in person. Would like to hear from someone who has one or has actually seen one in person. It is similar to the CT200U-EX but has a couple more inches of ground clearance and is around 40lbs heavier. Engine is made by a Yamaha owned company. But I would put a Wildcat223 and a TAV/CVT, if there is not fit issues !
https://www.massimomotor.com/MINI-BIKE-200S?quantity=1&custcol5=39

LIVIT

Looks like I might have to be the "Guinea pig" on this one. Surprised with the cost and what it comes with. That nobody has one yet ! Is there an issue with this manufacturer, that I've not seen yet ?

I bought one a few months ago. My son and I ride on dirt trails mostly but we do occasionally go on some road cruises. I put a torque converter on this and it barely fits. You must move engine as far forward as possible so everything else misses the swingarm suspension.

The bike sits high, but it is comfortable to ride. There is a lot of room from seat to foot pegs. I am 6'3" and 210 lbs and my knees never hit the bars, not even on tight maneuvers on the trail.

I have not had any major problems with the bike. The engine is strong and has lots of torque. I'd say i have over 200 road miles and over 50 hours of trail riding on this bike

LIVIT

I bought one a few months ago. My son and I ride on dirt trails mostly but we do occasionally go on some road cruises. I put a torque converter on this and it barely fits. You must move engine as far forward as possible so everything else misses the swingarm suspension.

The bike sits high, but it is comfortable to ride. There is a lot of room from seat to foot pegs. I am 6'3" and 210 lbs and my knees never hit the bars, not even on tight maneuvers on the trail.

I have not had any major problems with the bike. The engine is strong and has lots of torque. I'd say i have over 200 road miles and over 50 hours of trail riding on this bike
Thank you ! Good too hear that you like yours. Did you have too use a riser plate or spacers under the engine to get clearance for your CVT ? One of my concerns was the Suspension. I weigh around 220lbs. Does the suspension bottom out with you on it ? Not surprised that the engine performs well, it is made by a Yamaha owned company. Always been a fan of Yamaha, had several Yamaha motorcycles that were some of my favorites. Again thanks :)

LIVIT

I think that Blain's Farm and Fleet only has stores in the Midwest.
Yesterday's flyer has them advertised for $599.99 till December 11th.
Good too hear. Tractor supply has them on sale for same price. If you don't have a Blain's or TSC near you. You can order one from Walmart, with free shipping, for $699.

LIVIT

Hey Dale !

That sounds like a lot of mini bike for the money.

Keep us posted.
Hey Robert, when I first found this mini. My thoughts were this can't be right or it's really badly made mini. F&R suspension with the current price point, puts it at half the price of any other minis with full suspension, least what I've seen so far ! I know Massimo bought out Baja after they closed down, due to so many lawsuits. This could be Massimo's way of building up there name. To me it looks like a slighter larger and heavier, full suspension version of the Coleman CT200U-EX, which I have and like. Think it's going to be a Xmas gift to me :)

LIVIT

A heads up y'all. If your buying a 200S from like TSC etc.. where you can look at the bike before purchase. A lot of them are coming with 7.5hp engine. Instead of the advertised 6.5hp. Prices are fluctuating a lot, sometimes just going with a different color can save you $100-200. There is already a clone of it, Mudstar 200. They're asking $899 plus $179 shipping for it. At that price, might as well just spend a bit more and get a Trail master !!!!

Thank you ! Good too hear that you like yours. Did you have too use a riser plate or spacers under the engine to get clearance for your CVT ? One of my concerns was the Suspension. I weigh around 220lbs. Does the suspension bottom out with you on it ? Not surprised that the engine performs well, it is made by a Yamaha owned company. Always been a fan of Yamaha, had several Yamaha motorcycles that were some of my favorites. Again thanks :)

I did make my own 1 inch riser. It is very snug fitting. The engine cannot go any higher, and cannot go any further forward. There is approximately a half inch to one inch clearance all around the engine. Also the engine is moved to the left a little bit because the backplate for the cvt is touching the frame. But it all went together really well.

I do not bottom out the suspension at 220 pounds. I feel that the suspension is a little soft but very comfortable with plenty of travel for a nice cushioned ride. I can physically start bouncing it up an down enough to cause it to bunnyhop, kinda fun!

Mine came with a 7.5hp engine. My son's bike with a stock 212 predator with cvt and straight pipe will out accelerate mine and he tops out at 43mph. Mine tops out at 40mph. I bought a pipe for mine but haven't put it on yet cause I need to cut a couple inches off of it because it'll hit the frame but I bet It would make it run as good as my son's bike

LIVIT

1Thirder, tks for the info ! Hope the one I get comes with a 7.5hp. Be nice to have for another mini, I'll be putting a Wildcat 223 hemi/stroker on mine.

Headsup y'all. If you get one from Tractor Supply, they are charging for shipping to store ! So total cost with shipping and taxes is over $900, what a dang ripoff !!! Walmart, will ship to your home for free, total cost with taxes currently is $750.

I'm brother, ordered one today. Should have it in about a week. My Xmas present to me :)

I will do a detailed thread with multiple pics, on what I find, along with what upgrades fit correctly, TAV, Exhaust, Shocks etc...

Any update on this bike so far? Think I have the same on, trying to learn as much as I can about them, thank you