New but already in love!

Never had a mini bike as a kid but always thought they were awesome. Found this DB30 for cheap on Craigslist. After a 6 hour round trip with my lady we came home with it. Spent pretty much most of my time off work this past week tearing it down and cleaning it up. Haven't had this much enjoyment in the garage since I was a few years younger and working on my cars. Very happy to have also found this community. Already found a ton of useful information on here.

Attachments

Harquebus

Are those "custom" high footpegs the previous owner added?

Good score regardless. The small ones are my favorite and a modern homage to the classic old minibike. Seems they're not so mini anymore.

Did a little more work on it this weekend. Got it started. Pretty sure the clutch is trashed. It won't move with me on it. Lifted the back wheel and it will take off.

Are those "custom" high footpegs the previous owner added?

Good score regardless. The small ones are my favorite and a modern homage to the classic old minibike. Seems they're not so mini anymore.
I think they were something like that. I was thinking of a homemade frame slider too. Anything is small when you're 6'4"!

Attachments

I currently have a new clutch coming in the mail. Tonight I took the clutch apart and took a wire wheel to the face of it to clean all of the rust off both surfaces just to see if I could make something happen in the meantime. I threw it back together and tested it out. Needless to say I took my first ride ever on my mini bike and I had the biggest smile on my face. I.AM.HOOKED.

Lizardking

I currently have a new clutch coming in the mail. Tonight I took the clutch apart and took a wire wheel to the face of it to clean all of the rust off both surfaces just to see if I could make something happen in the meantime. I threw it back together and tested it out. Needless to say I took my first ride ever on my mini bike and I had the biggest smile on my face. I.AM.HOOKED.
Welcome to oldminibikes.com .

That first ride is the best! I too didn't have or even knew about mini bike as a kid but I'm sure making up for it now!

Wait till you see the variety of Vintage makes and models! New stuff is ok but nothing like vintage/classic/oldschool stuff .....

Those grips are nice looking.

How do they feel ? Are they soft and squeezable so to speak ? Or are they rigid, like the old Cat waffle looking grips ?

Thanks.

I think they have s somewhat squishy/plush feeling to them. I have had a set on my motorcycle for a few years and love the feeling of them on there. They don't seem to give me much hand fatigue on longer rides. I believe they are worth a try in my opinion.