Herters I think.

Picked this up for $60. Idea is to make a running mini bike. Looking for aftermarket shocks, etc. The tires on it seem too wide so I'll need to change that so they chain doesn't rub. I also want to get rid of drum brakes and convert to disc. Any guards I can fab and if I need a new axle shaft I can get a buddy to make to fit disc conversion. Might pull stock forks off and replace with better shocks. Looking for thoughts, info, etc. Also might fab a separate swingarm to make a snow bike for the boy in the winter and make it an all-around bike for him. I do have the tank, but might sell to put funds into bike and fab a new one.

Attachments

Sometimes surplus center has great deals on shocks. You can measure the eye to eye distance on the stock shocks and then go look and see if they have that length. There are a lot of disc brake conversions on this site but you may have to look thru some build threads to find them. I did a few and I'll post some pics if you can use it. I think you could clean up and use the stock forks but if you wanted to change and use something like pit bike forks I'm sure you could do that as well and they already have caliper mounts on them.

Bought a Craftsman snowblower for the engine and tracks ($50). Hopefully i can get this together and running as a minibike this summer. Then the fall project will be to make a new swingarm and use the tracks so he can have a snowbike in the winter.