Search results

1. joshua. c.

new bonanza project.

Quick update: new bearings are installed and ready to go so the motor build is coming soon. and the tap arived so the breaks are complete I just need a couple afternoons to work on the project ( im very busy right now so thats a tall order.) I'm working a full time job pluss part time...
  2. joshua. c.

Tecumseh h70 oversized piston

Its a points and condenser erra h70 with the aluminum flywheel. I plan to see if my tecumseh star billet rod fits and pull the govenore port it ad a cam and springs add a 24mm flatslide carb and a header. It will be a beast when I'm threw. I would also like to find one of those thinner billet...
  3. joshua. c.

Tecumseh h70 oversized piston

I have a worn out h70 in need of a rebuild but cant find a piston. I need a 10 or 20 or 30 over oversized piston (new/un used), Not interested in a hole motor, shipping would cost to much.
  4. joshua. c.

If you were 12 which bike would you pick?

The duster is ridged and where I had to ride at that age was rough so I'd take the speedway without a second thought and that choice would still stand today.
  5. joshua. c.

Next project on deck-70' Speedway Scorpion

I got a speedway missing the brake, I might just try your idea.
  6. joshua. c.

Next project on deck-70' Speedway Scorpion

Thats a cool bike, it still has the origenal disk brake calipers, you dont see those often. Ive seen many bikes with them removed ( posibly due to the ouners not knowing how to fix them when something broke or wore out.)
  7. joshua. c.

Super Scat Cat ?

Thats a scat cat alright. It would have come with an hs40 like most bikes of that erra. Its missing some stuff but a good start for a project. I saw one of these all dolled up with an ohh55 (tecumseh over head valve 5hp) and it looked slick. I personaly think getting rid of those ugly white wall...
  8. joshua. c.

Extra pully

Not worth the extra effort. The engine will run and look just fine with the extra shaft cut off.
  9. joshua. c.

Tecumseh Engine Shroud Replacement for old school look

They fit. I swapped one onto one of my mini bikes for the same reason and it fit geat.
  10. joshua. c.

What carb can I use on this?

Mikuni vm22 carbs work real good and there is even jetting info in some of the older threads hear. If you do runn a Mikuni that will remove the govenor so Install a billet rod and billet flywheel first. ARC racing sells them. if thats a points motor switching to electronic ignition is easy and a...
  11. joshua. c.

Goma's Minibike Massacre 11 June 25th 2022 Wareham, MA

The guy who won this year was running an over head valve briggs and this is the third time I've been there to see a winner running a briggs (that I can remember) I didn't pay attention to the motor of the winner every year. Its interesting that well into the erra of the predator motor that...
  12. joshua. c.

Got back from this event last night. boy was it hot out, I brought what I thought would be to much water just to find out it was barely enough. They changed up the track this year making ita little smaller but adding alot of tight turns. It realy halped those with less powerfull bikes leveling...
  13. joshua. c.

I had a good idea. Incorperating the swap meet into this event would make allot of sense. It would kill two birds with one stone and busness would be great for the sellers, Just think of all the potential customers. There are alot of breakdouns too, so a seller selling all sorts of new spare...
  14. joshua. c.

I never herd about a swap meet so I would assume there wasn't one. You can borro my spare bike if you like. I'ts a mtd trailflight with a stock engine so no chance of being competitive but you could at least enter the first race and get some track time in.
  15. joshua. c.

Has anyone seen the youtube videos advertising this event this year, just hilarious. New bike isn't ready but my good old blue bike is still going strong and its got some upgrades this year. (new tires and clutch) I also solved some throttle and clutch issues on my trike. The trikes still not...
  16. joshua. c.

new bonanza project.

I posted an image of my front break setup because the tap is taking longer to arive than I expected, It's a M10-1.0, An uncomon size. I also posted a picture of a set of footpegs I have that I think would work well on this bike. Finding an origenal set seems imposible so im going this rout...
  17. joshua. c.

new bonanza project.

I just receved the brake ajuster bolts so soon I'll be able to finish the brakes but It turns out they are m10-1.25 A metric thread pitch that I dont yet have a tap for and nither home depot or lows carrys one. I have one more place to check tomorro and if thay dont have it I'll have to wait...
  18. joshua. c.

new bonanza project.

On the Briggs Animal I'm building have oversized valves and supper stiff springs to go with them, so do I need roller rockers?
  19. joshua. c.

mini bike crack i don’t know HELLLLPPPP!

That stock engine is crap anyways, it won't get you moving with any kind of power and you'll have to push it up hills. Most people ditch the stock engines for bigger ones so just replace it with a 6.5hp engine, you'll be much happier with it. It wont struggle to get you moving and if its a...
  20. joshua. c.

Vintage style frames?

The biggest issue with new full suspension bikes is they are always expensive (more than they should be and too expensive for most people.) The doodlebug became the hottest mini bike in America for a while because it was cheep. no shocks just a bare bones frame. I love vintage style full...