Search results

1. Li'l Popeye

New minibike-and-other-projects-workshop project.

It is not my field of work either, but I learn it along the way. Might be the hard way, but I will get there.
  2. Li'l Popeye

frame jig

In the video I'm building a minibike frame and using the adjustable jig I made for it.
  3. Li'l Popeye

Hello again, Electrician came over for a quick inspection a while ago, there would be no need for a heavier power connection from the grid, that is if I do not use all heavy machines at once... Fingers crossed. Since last update I have added gutters and finished roofing; video: Also since last...
  4. Li'l Popeye

Torque converter conversion.

Depends on when the last time was when you took a look.... New video coming soon
  5. Li'l Popeye

3 weeks of holiday, will be spend at my new garage/workshop. I have made a brickwall for the toilet room and further I have made trim for the gutters, which have been placed, too. Currently working on designing, drawing a shelter that will be added to the lefthand side of the new garage. It will...
  6. Li'l Popeye

14cc head help

Why the 24lb valve springs? Is that needed because of the other cam? With a stock cam I can rev my GX 160, with 18lb springs, to 6000-7000 rpm and I don't need more rpm. As the engine is designed to operate at 3600rpm, that's probably where the power is.
  7. Li'l Popeye

Torque converter conversion.

Depending on sizes of the tapered shaft, here's what I would do: Machine crankshaft down to fit the torque converter, or easier option is to machine stationary sheave of torque converter to fit the tapered shaft. Again, it depends on the sizing of the shaft. To machine the stationary sheave of...
  8. Li'l Popeye

Post your cars!

I have double checked my calculations: 1ltr=20km (that's if you don't drive to crazy, which isn't difficult with the "huge" 1.6ltr engine, that makes 75HP...) It equals 47 miles/gallon. Diesel price is now €2,11/ltr. That equals $8,40/gallon. That makes fuel consumption: $0,17/mile. More specs...
  9. Li'l Popeye

Post your cars!

If someone questions my calculations; My car's consumption is 20km per ltr. A us gallon is 3,785ltr. A mile is 1,6km. Diesel here is €2,10/ltr = €7,95/gallon = $8,52/gallon.
  10. Li'l Popeye

Post your cars!

This is my car in front of my house. It is a Citroën Berlingo. 1,6 ltr (97cui) diesel.:rolleyes: 47mpg:cool: 2 minibikes easily fit in the back, while 3 minibikes is also possible. Out of sight and behind locked doors. The Dodge pick up is my brother's, it's a Cummins diesel and won't make 47mpg...
  11. Li'l Popeye

Part 5 (placing the steel construction): Part 6 (brick laying of inner walls): Part 7 (brick laying of outer walls and insulation): Part 8 (placing the insulated roof panels): Part 9 (laying roof tiles): "Stay tuned"
  12. Li'l Popeye

Hello, While the pandemic was going on, I decided to start building a new garage in my backyard, here in Netherlands. Because the building process here in Netherlands might differ from yours in USA, it might be interested fro some. I build the new garage by myself and get help from my brother...
  13. Li'l Popeye

High Speed Front Forks

Runs and rides, but comes without rear brake?! Makes sense now.
  14. Li'l Popeye

speedometer on doodlebug?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4001193813421.html https://www.amazon.com/DKMOTORK-Motorcycle-Speedometer-Tachometer-Multi-function/dp/B07WW3L3Y8/ Or search Ebay, Amazon, Aliexpress for: " lcd digital universal motorcycle odometer speedometer tachometer 12000rpm gauge "
  15. Li'l Popeye

speedometer on doodlebug?

I have this one installed: It's a tachometer, speedometer and it is capable to show fuel level, if you have a fuel level sensor installed. I didn't have the fuel sensor installed when I made the video. But the gauge is accurate. It can be set to each tire circumference. And it was only €20-€25,-
  16. Li'l Popeye

Anything Goes! Build-from-scratch Dutch minibike 4.0

Yes, I certainly enjoy riding it.
  17. Li'l Popeye

Anything Goes! Build-from-scratch Dutch minibike 4.0

That was some time ago. Currently building a new (minibike) workshop in my backyard. Videos of the workshop build: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLroJZUt70vvUwZxh61Qdd8vmRzS-QP5Lm
  18. Li'l Popeye

Broke my crankshaft and trying to find the right replacement

I'm not sure, but would this fit? aliexpress.com/item/32623955615.html
  19. Li'l Popeye

ARC Speedway Billet flywheels

From their website: "The new 6696 billet flywheel from ARC Racing has an ultra low drag fin design that will greatly reduce air drag on your racing engine, while still moving enough air for cooling. " So I assume it moves enough air for cooling for racing and for average riding.
  20. Li'l Popeye

Honda ST, CT, DAX 50cc replica.

Back again with pictures. This is the new Puch headlight that I've mounted. I have installed a fitting of a Yamaha moped and now it accepts BA20D lightbulbs or in my case a BA20D LED light. For the new speedometer I made this little magnet in the brake rotor. Speed is measured with a hall...