The 3 amp AC will work great for lights but not good for charging. Unless you add a regulator to control the charge on the battery and the diodes to make it DC on your current setup, a battery tender on it when not using it will keep your battery ready to go when you need it with a lot less...
So it does not look like a flywheel is included "The standard Ducar 224cc does not come equipped with a flywheel. Flywheels we suggest for this engine include the DC-PVL-FW and the ARC-6689". What are you planning on doing for a flywheel?
Maybe another option? I bought this for my aluminum frame golf cart that I converted to a 30 series clutch system with a live axle and very happy with it.
Also, included are some pretty good reads...
Are these front shocks rebuildable and any idea where to get replacement seals as well as how to disassemble/reassemble them? Also, I see some grind marks on them - did someone remove the front fender mounts?
I have used the Predator 420 and still using a VC 460 on a bike that I made, I just did not know the Harbor Frieght was now selling the 460 and that it looks like its a hemi - at least in the picture. Just curius of any mods and/or expereince anyone had with these new 460s.
Anyone bought or have any experience with these? It looks like it has the hemi head and not sure if its based off the VC 460?
The engine serial number is the only way to identify the year from speaking to those that were involved in making the Broncs. Under the seat hinge is a number but this number does not help on what year it was made. Hope that helps.
A lot of the HM80 that were on the Broncs had a coil used for lights (part of the points/condenser setup) and may already have the flywheel with teeth. The plug on the front of the engine when the engine is running, one is the kill wire, one is DC and the other is typically AC. The AC will work...
May not look as well as a locking collar, however, a washer against what you are trying to keep in place along with a small hose clamp work really well. Using blue Lock tight on the set screws on the locking collars is the only way I have found to keep them in place.