Search results

1. C

Reducing top end speed

I can give you this but you'll likely come to the same conclusion I did... 1) is governor still installed Yup 2) ID of the engine 5hp briggs 3) current gearing on rear and clutch (tooth count) Clutch 10 tooth, Rear 60 tooth 4) Tire diameter 14.5 Equals 30ish mph yes, I was getting...
  2. C

Reducing top end speed

Good day all I need sounding board for my thoughts on how to reduce top end speed. Recently purchased what I believe is a doodle bug, and with the current gear and engine set up the online calculators show me a top speed of 31mph (stock tires, 1:5 ratio and 3600 rpms). Way too quick for my 8...
  3. C

Any help with an ID is appreciated

Good call, likely a PA special. So the bike in the pic.... what would you offer someone for such a specimen?
  4. C

Any help with an ID is appreciated

Is anyone able to point me in a direction to positively ID this bike? Thanks
  5. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

Ok guys I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here, I just want to simply understand how this works….. So this 40 series driver/driven combo I have tells me the low speed ratio is 2.43:1. If I have attached to it a 8 tooth sprocket to a 60 tooth am I essentially getting a 18.18:1 off the line...
  6. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

I was jus going to repurpose one of the rear hubs. It's offset but I was under the impression hat wouldn't be a huge issue.
  7. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

Ya, those are actual pics of my trike. Restoring is not really an option, im not willing to throw the kinda money at this thing that it would take to restore it. i cant leave the rear end as is. there isnt enough length to fit the tire in. have a look at the pics i attached. i want to leave...
  8. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

The 40 Series drive and driven on the original trike certainly needs some TLC but I do plan on doing what i can to clean it up (replace/rebuild as needed)and reuse it. the narrowing of the ass end of the bike may not happen as i may need all the width between the rails to stuff the tire and...
  9. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

this is exactly what im trying to achieve, should be easy as this is how the original trike was built. i might need to relocate the driven jackshaft slightly based on squeezing the back tire between the 2 frame rails. http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/00025420-00001.png
  10. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

what i was trying to get at is because i have almost a 100 pounds on BidRob should i be looking at a higher ratio than 6:1 even with the Converter? 8:1? living in the middle of Canada in a smaller city doesnt get me easy access to just pick adifferent engine or axle sprocket. my biggest fear is...
  11. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

my riding will be all flat land with this bike so suspension would be overkill
  12. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

i definetly will be sticking with what is already there, i just wasnt sure what would be a good gearing ratio to run off the converter... considering my size i was unsure if a higher ratio was warranted with the Converter.
  13. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

what size chain are you running on that setup?
  14. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

what size chain are you running on that setup?
  15. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

I think I need a little educating. what is the difference between a TAV and a driver/driven? isnt a TAV simply a driver/driven on a mounting plate? i want to reuse what was there as much as possible. I guess i could just buy new sprockets to replace what is already there, but i wasnt sure if...
  16. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

There has to be someone out there with some insight for me.
  17. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

The city that rhymes with fun..... Regina
  18. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

Seeing your pics gives me hope that this a feasible idea. Thanks for sharing them.
  19. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

Sure looks like welds on the bar between the hitch and the flange bearing. Looks like there has been about 6 inches added in there. And that's exactly what I figure I need to do.
  20. C

Fat Guy MiniBike

I'm only lengthening the back end simply to make enough room to get the the back tire between the hitch mount and driven part of the clutch once its installed close to its original location. capguncowboy, for some reason i cant see your pics.