Search results

1. F

MTD Mini Bike

So I got the new carb kit in, used what I needed from it and got it installed yesterday. Massacre, I looked at the aluminum plug I was talking about previously and it isn't coming out. I did have a small hole in it from when I thought it needed to come out (drilled it). My thought was...
  2. F

MTD Mini Bike

Have you seen other carbs with aluminum plug instead of the steel plate on the side? A sharpened chisel is not going to get this one out! I planned on drilling and using a wood screw to screw into it and then a pair of pliers to remove it. But it might take a slide hammer to get it out.
  3. F

MTD Mini Bike

Thanks massacre, I found a manual online after posting my last post. It also said 1 1/2 turns on the main and 1 turn on the air bleed. When I started to take mine apart the first thing I did was count how many turns in I had and the main was 3/4 turns, the air bleed was 3/8 of a turn...
  4. F

MTD Mini Bike

So I did get the carb kit in but it is the wrong one. Hard to see the numbers through the paint on the carb, should have asked here. I used what I could from the kit but used the old air screw on the side and the fuel screw on the bottom. Adjusted back to where it was so many years ago...
  5. F

MTD Mini Bike

Thanks, it is filthy in those pics but I have already cleaned it up pretty well but it still needs more. I'll try to get more this weekend. I hope to have it running too.
  6. F

MTD Mini Bike

Here are pictures of my MTD. http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/fuzzier1/library/ Let me know what you think. I do have the rear wheel but need to get spokes for it.
  7. F

MTD Mini Bike

I thought of that and I have a bunch of old 70s and 80s dirt bikes. I looked to see if I had one that would work but no luck so far. I had an old Honda 50 tank that I think would have worked and look cool to but I had a kid buy an old beat up Honda 50 from me and I let him have the tank too...
  8. F

MTD Mini Bike

Yeah, that doesnt look like mine. Mine looks more like a trail flite but with no head light, just a square metal number plate. I'll try and find some pics and part them here.
  9. F

MTD Mini Bike

Thanks everyone, I was planning on plastic welding it as I knew there was a small pinhole from way back when but there are cracks all over this thing. I don't think it is fixable. There is a place on top that is crazed with cracks. It seems to be really brittle (OK I'll admit, I dropped...
  10. F

MTD Mini Bike

Hi everyone, just joined last night. I have a what looks like a MTD Trail Flite minibike but on the belt gard it has Teaxs Ranger and no had light. I have had this since I was 10 to 12 years old. 57 now. When I was 12 to 14 I broke the spokes on the rear wheel jumping it (dumb kid)...