Search results

1. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster2 restoration

Nice work. Great attention to detail.
  2. GustoGuy

JB weld doesn't work very well to build intake manifold

Built Predator 212cc. Fast bike. Over 50mph topspeed.
  3. GustoGuy

Thanks. Being I have a resto-mod Rupp there are very few if any intake manifolds which will work. I decided to solder the joints together and it is the same solder that is used to attach copper to aluminum in air-conditioning units. A/C units can hit as much as 300 psi on the high side and...
  4. GustoGuy

After 3 years my intake manifold near the cylinder head started to crack and my bike was misfiring at higher rpms. Since the intake manifold is a combination of aluminum intake flanges and copper pipe I decided to buy solder that can be used to adhere aluminum to copper. The solder has a...
  5. GustoGuy

predator 212 billet flywheel

He may object but then he won't have leg to stand on. My Resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 has billet flywheel Chikuni 22mm and billet connecting rods.
  6. GustoGuy

Replacement Hydraulic brake caliper slides

I bought it at least 7 or 8 years ago. No warranty anymore. Like the rubber deteriorated. The caliper still works well the caliper slide covers fell apart.
  7. GustoGuy

Replacement Hydraulic brake caliper slides

I bought a hydraulic brake which still works well for my Predator 212cc Doodle bug several years ago and I noticed that the rubber caliper slides are failing. I would hate to have to buy another hydraulic brake just to replace them. Does anyone know if you can buy replacement caliper pin slides...
  8. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

Does a vintage stock HS40 even have enough power to flip a Rupp Roadster 2? I remember reading an article here about a member who has a bike with Dellorto carburetor with billet connecting rod on his built HS40 and he claims it can keep up to stock Predator 212cc powered Rupps. I got a built...
  9. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

Do you use your home oven? Or did you buy a large beater oven that you bought for cooking the powder coat? My wife would never allow me to cook some powder coated parts in our oven
  10. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

At the time 35 years old. He is now almost 37. Not drunk but more naive and he obviously underestimated the power of a built Predator 212cc.
  11. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

Especially if you have a stage 3 Predator 212cc. I put a 13 tooth front sprocket on the jackshaft and it soften the hard hit off the bottom and it's a bit easier to take off smoothly . It originally had 11 tooth jackshaft sprocket and with the added torque of the built Predator 212cc it could...
  12. GustoGuy

71 Rupp. Can I just replace the rim or do I have to find another wheel

We are not allowed to eat the produce. Doing so will earn you the economic Darwin award
  13. GustoGuy

71 Rupp. Can I just replace the rim or do I have to find another wheel

I am a Pharmacist and you will definitely need to be up to date on your Tdap vaccine just to touch that rusted through Rupp rim. I am surprised that nobody seems to offer reproduction rims for the 12 inch Rupp bikes. Check out Ebay or Blackwidowmotorsports.net to see if they have anything.
  14. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster2 - ReMod

No bottle jack required to fit Predator 212cc In a Rupp. Plus I have billet flywheel and billet rod and Mikuni.
  15. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster2 - ReMod

Yes. A resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with hydraulic rear shocks and Suzuki K10 Motorcycle fork on the front wheel. The rear secondary has a larger diameter on the 20 series so I modified the Rupp TC cover and it fits well now.
  16. GustoGuy

Rupp Roadster2 - ReMod

I used a Chinese 20 series comet clone and it works well. I have a Predator 212cc non hemi with a billet rod billet flywheel Mukuni VM 22 carburetor. I never had HS40 engine on it. I bought a Robertson torque tube exhaust with the swivel baffle in it and once I turned it open I found it was too...
  17. GustoGuy

71 Rupp TC driver key

Check out Blackwidowmotorsports.net for Rupp parts
  18. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

Thank you. It's a resto-mod Rupp Roadster 2 with full hydraulic suspension and its demands your full attention when riding it. Since I weigh more than a nine year old girl its got a built Predator 212cc on it and its got plenty of power to spare. So much power that only a select few will ride...
  19. GustoGuy

Rupp roadster

It's got the Suzuki K11 front fender on it
  20. GustoGuy

My first Rupp.

Yes. Its a K10. Awesome replacement for the stock Rupp springer fork. 5 inches of travel hydraulic oil dampened. Makes the bike ride great plus the extra weight of the Suzuki fork helps to prevent unintended wheelies too.