Search results

Mini Bike & Go-Kart Parts

1. massacre

100 Foot Drags in the Spring?

Well I haven’t run my drag byke in a couple years. I want to change that this year. Is anyone else interested in racing? Is the Leadfoot deal gone forever? Or is there any chance we can help to get that going again? Any interest in trying to race at Gomas? Tired of the byke sitting here...
  2. massacre

Saw This

Thought someone here might be intrested http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=133288110276
  3. massacre

Blockzilla Dyno Vids

I posted these in another thread but might have been in the wrong place.
  4. massacre

My Arco Drag Bike

Since there has been some recent interest in my dragbike I had to search for a while but was able to find a build thread https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/quick-question.93772/
  5. massacre

H22 Engine Displacement

Hello, Trying to find the engine displacement on an H22 engine, and having a hard time. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks and have a nice day!
  6. massacre

AC to DC Rectifier/Regulator Ground Question?

Hello, My understanding of the grounding of lights, etc powered by an AC rectified to 12v DC using a battery, is that those grounds need to go back to the negative battery post, and not grounded to the frame. My question is, what about things that already ground through the frame like the...
  7. massacre

Legalizing MTD

Hello, I am in the process of trying to get my MTD Trail Flite into street legal condition. Found some DOT tires, now onto the hand controls. It has been difficult finding hand controls that will fit 7/8" bars, that have all the necessary switches, and don't cost a fortune. Also looking for...
  8. massacre

Nvrmnd

Sorry can’t post pics for some reason
  9. massacre

Driven Spring Question

Hello, I see different colored driven springs listed, but they don’t have good descriptions like the driver springs have. I am looking for a later overdrive, but still want it to get into overdrive. Comet has yellow listed as a 30 series torsion spring, but also lists a gold compression...
  10. massacre

TAV2 MTD Trail Flite Belt Question

Hello, I know there are 2 different belts that will work with a TAV2 on an MTD Trail Flite. Does anyone have part numbers for both belts? Thanks so much for any info!
  11. massacre

Tachometer accuracy

Hello I recently had some problems with my tach. Thought I was topping out at 3800-4000RPM but after re wrapping the wire I am getting 7-8000RPM readings. That tach would turn off and reset all the time so I took it off and replaced it with a different unit. On the original unit I wrapped it...
  12. massacre

Pull Cord Recommendations?

Hello, I need to replace my recoil pull cord. It’s an old Tec Hs50 I would like it to perform properly and last a decent while. I have a few engines here that could use some help in that department. Any good recommendations for pull cord? I don’t mind buying a bunch but I don’t need a gigantic...
  13. massacre

WTB: Dyno 245 Cam

On the lookout for a Dyno 245 cam. Thanks!
  14. massacre

Top Speed

I finally downloaded a speedometer app. Happy to report that my MTD has a top speed of 38.3 MPH. That was on flat ground after a slight downhill I think. At that speed on crappy pavement I think that is fast enough lol
  15. massacre

Fuel Line

I received a carb in the mail, it came with some fuel line, so I used it. It didn’t last long at all, kept drying out and breaking off. Kept cutting it shorter. Even my see through line that I use for my methanol drag bike lasts longer. Just a word to the wise. I got some proper Gates 1/4” fuel...
  16. massacre

18lb Valve Springs With Stock Cam?

Hello, I noticed that my stock Hs50 seems to float the valves around 3800 RPM. Bike has billet rod and 22mm Chikuni, straight pipe header. I have a spare set of 18lb valve springs and the automotive style retainers. Would installing the heavier springs allow me to get som more revs out of the...
  17. massacre

Lighting Coil and High RPM Question

Hello, I recently upgraded the performance of one of my Hs50s and it now revs up more, and quicker. My lighting coil is on my stock engine, but I am liking the cammed engine more lol If I put the lighting coil on the hi po engine, I was wondering if there would be any adverse effects, either...
  18. massacre

3.25 x 10 Trials Tires

Hello, I have an MTD Trail Flite with 3.25 x 10 trials tires on it. These tires are OK but was looking for something better than OK for when I take it off road. Looking around I am not finding any 3.25 x 10 tires, but found some nice looking 3 x 10 tires. Would it be a huge problem to use 3 x...
  19. massacre

Success!

I was having a hard time firing off the new motor, turned out it was the head gasket. New key, new head gasket and she started second pull!
  20. massacre

Valve Cover/Breather

Hello, Is it possible to lose enough compression through the valve cover/breather area of an Hs50 to make the engine not start? I can hear air hissing out from that area when I pull it over, and the engine has spark, and is timed correctly. Valves are opening at the correct times, points break...