Search results

1. B

Need Governor Spring for B&S 5HP

spring pm and ill give you my address you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I will send you a spring I have a whole bin full of them.
  2. B

18 years ago today...

18 when I was 18 I was driving right down the GAZA strip. with the good ole U.S.M.C. glad to be home from there. can you say oooh ra devil dog. anyway Happy Birthday.
  3. B

5HP question

5hp Hell back in the day you could see just as many bushing engines as bearing engines at any kart track. just like we do at the flywheel end drill an extra oil hole in the bushing at the PTO end.
  4. B

5 horse parts in an 8 horse ???

Ditch the fhead and the animal. go for a honda less to buy new and just as many aftermarket parts. will make more power dont get me wrong love the old flatheads probably built over 400 of them. but overhead valve is just more efficient hands down.
  5. B

Indiana shows ?

Does anyone out there know of any shows or rides in Indiana.
  6. B

Adjustable timing?

timing . you can set up a degree wheel and make timing marks on the flywheel. a very accurate way. just set it up like you would to degree a cam. and transfer the marks to the flywheel.
  7. B

Modification info

midifications I have built several tecumseh engines for kart racing in the past. and let me tell ya. the guys wondered why they even messed with a briggs. a couple a runnin s.o.b.s
  8. B

HS40 intake valve seizing

valve sticking I wonder if he finished honed the guide after replacement. when you install new guides they compress around the circumference. and they lose clearance. I set all mine about .0015 or like jaywrix said maybe a bent valve. just some food for thought.
  9. B

Tecumseh Dial indicator

dial indicator give E-Z bore a call 757-898-5645. they may know what you need. they make lots of measuring devices. and engine building tools. ask for John Moore one hell of a nice guy.
  10. B

briggs carb

mikuni a 22 mm mikuni woul be a good choice. nothing over a 25 mm though anymore may cause over fueling probs.
  11. B

Flexo mini bike

trade where are you located. how about an old fun kart trade 2 seater.
  12. B

Briggs camshaft

mike clements I would believe anything about small engines from Mike. He is a master at this stuff.
  13. B

wtb tecumseh carb

I am looking for a 5-7 hp tecumseh carb and manifold. need one that has hi & low needles. if you have pm me.
  14. B

Briggs camshaft

10-14 from a 3 horse. I gotta see that.
  15. B

Briggs camshaft

cam you can find 3hp cast cams. they did make them. I have several of them. I would go with the 94ss grind from dyno. these cams do not have a easy spin bump on the cam. you can crank them by hand easy to start.
  16. B

5 hp briggs and stratton I/C flywheel question

flywheel wka limited modifieds have to run a stock flywheel rules state. I have built these for guys and turn them 7800-8000 have heard of others twisting them harder watch for broken fins cracks etc. anything that can upset the balance. if you drop one or beat on one you are asking for problems.
  17. B

briggs 5hp performance

billet rod i have built lots of wka engines. before the wka allowed billet rods in stockers. the stock rod was all we could use. turned em 65-6800 6-8 race nights and had very few rod problems with my engines some are better than others. the weak link then was the dipper. we used a nylon or...
  18. B

4hp briggs clutch selection/installation

tapping crank the best way would be to chuck in a lathe. 5/16-24 thread the tap will tell which drill bit to use..
  19. B

4hp briggs clutch selection/installation

clutches I have used bulleys since they came out. but before that always horstman mdc 400. imo bulley is a badass clutch. raced karts for years still do some. cant really take much of the abuse.having to work supporting a family.
  20. B

Aussie roller

re pm got it this time.