Search results

1. K

Your views on Kohler

Have it, yes. But it has been taken apart for a while now as I moved in '07 and it couldnt come with me. Hence the lack of "action" video requests by the screaming users on my youtube videos!
  2. K

Your views on Kohler

Here is my Kohler...CH25S on a not-so-mini bike.
  3. K

18 kohler command project

Unfortunately, I took it down off youtube and my website. The test video was made on a Sunday at our local DOT maintenance yard because my father works there. Well some other employee from another maintenance yard thought we used state DOT materials and labor to build my bike. He caused a ruckus...
  4. K

Wow I totally never saw this message until now. I'm sure there is a place to get them but I'm...

Wow I totally never saw this message until now. I'm sure there is a place to get them but I'm not sure where. I pieced mine together off of ebay. Just keep checking.
  5. K

RAMBO-Ice racing minibike build with vtwin

That is a very nice bike. I enjoyed reading your build up. Glad to see there is another user here in the forum with a V-Twin :smile: fordmann.com | X-Tra: Chopper
  6. K

My setup uses Harley Davidson sprockets. The jackshaft is 32 teeth and the rear wheel is 70 teeth. Add to that a published 3.49:1 low ratio of the Comet snowmobile TAV and the 25" tall rear tire, the gearing is pretty good. Still doesn't have the get up and go due to the weight of the bike and...
  7. K

Havent logged in a while. Just saw this post. Yes that is my bike. Thanks for the comments. "only 3600 rpm" you say?! I have my governor set on 3000 to keep from killing myself! The power of these engines in amazing/scary. I originally wanted a "small mini" with this engine, but as you can...
  8. K

Comment by 'Kohler-Chopper' in media '4-15-2007_18'

Yes it is a custom frame I made. More info at: http://www.fordmann.com/X-Tra.chopper_page.htm
  9. K

how fast can everyones mini bike go??

My bike is not exactly "mini" but at half throttle it is cruising around 55mph. I'm scared to take it much faster, even though I know it can with ease. For my project, I modeled the speed it would reach mathematically at different engine rpm's and different TC ratios. Since my engine is so...
  10. K

I could just see MDB dragging this in the allyy

Wow! And I thought my tire was big haha ;)
  11. K

minibike finish

Hey hey, those stripes look pretty familiar! :thumbsup:
  12. K

Comment by 'Kohler-Chopper' in media 'Manco Chopper'

Very nice bike! That's what my bike would look like if I didnt use such a large engine! How well does that 2 speed jackshaft work?
  13. K

Comet Torque-A-Verter

You will be very pleased with the torque converter. I have had many TC's on my equipment and never had a problem with them (other than needing lube and belt residue scraped off).
  14. K

Comment by 'Kohler-Chopper' in media 'trail horse'

Woah! I think I have that same minibike.
  15. K

New user/chopper build

Here is a Mustang. He doesnt say much about it but the pic sure is inspiring: http://dougscushmans.com/ This guy has a very nice conversion he made: http://www.eecushman.com/ And here is a neat write up for a model 52: http://www.hobbytech.com/My%20Model%2052.htm
  16. K

New user/chopper build

Delray, I've wanted a v-twin minibike for quite a while. The Vanguard-Cushman conversions have been done since the early 1990's, way before I even knew B&S produced v-twins! They are more popular now as the price of the Comet 40 series have come down some, thus spurring people to try it. I can...
  17. K

El Burro

Yea, what size are those? They look as big as mine haha.
  18. K

New user/chopper build

Funny you mention that. I actually have the paper work to get it titled sitting here in my desk. After graduation, I went to my local tag agency office (thank god the line was short) and asked the kid some questions. He pulled out a huge 3 ring binder and gave me some forms. Then he said I need...
  19. K

New user/chopper build

Within minutes after completing the reassembly, gas and oil were added and the Kohler came to life with a mean rumble emitting from the straight pipes. After it warmed up, I twisted the throttle and the 94C clutch grabbed the belt and away I went. After completing this project, I would...
  20. K

New user/chopper build

After the clearcoat was finally hard, re-assembly of the bike could now begin. Everything went back together very smoothly, an outcome that was expected from a four week build- measure more than twice, cut once and tack weld twice.