Search results

1. S

gasoline drag mini

If you plan on modifying the engine then I'd use the 6.5 clone. Have a look at Affordable Go Karts - Home page - AGK - http://www.affordablegokarts.com and NR-Racing.com for parts.
  2. S

How to get back compression ?

Just installing new rings wont fix the problem. To do the job properly, the cylinder should be checked that it is still round and doesn't taper, if that all checks out then the cylinder should be honed and then you can install your new rings. If the cylinder is out of round then you will need...
  3. S

plastic fly wheel??!!!

Maybe you should look a little closer. Maybe even take the pull starter off if your feeling adventurous.
  4. S

first post, would appreciate help understanding transmissions

I just slips over the output shaft of your motor
  5. S

So is the build off ending on the morrow?

So when does it actually finish? I didn't intend entering it but I'm currently giving my bike a nice new paint scheme which should be finished in a week or two. So if the contest is still open till then, then I might just put in an entry.
  6. S

Ungoverned

The reason the governor is on the motor is to limit the rpms which reduces the stress on the motor. So of course if you remove the governor you will be putting much more stress on the motor. The weakest link in these motors is the rod, so that will be first to break if you over rev the motor...
  7. S

Military Bike

thanks for that guys. I will post up some pictures once the new paint job is done. It might be a while but.
  8. S

Military Bike

Does anyone have a mini painted up in a military style? I'm thinking of giving my bike a new paint job and I like the sound of a military styled bike. If you have some photo's then feel free to post them up as I'm looking for all the ideas I can get. This is what I had in mind though...
  9. S

What do torque-a-verters do?

But if you gear a bike with small tires low enough that it wont smoke the clutch it will be slow as well. There may be a little more weight to rotate when using a bigger wheel but thats it. I dont see the maths behind the theory. But anyway. I think stanowen's question has been answered.
  10. S

What do torque-a-verters do?

What does the tire size have to do with weather you should use a torque converter or not? I don't see how the tire size matters, you would just gear accordingly.
  11. S

Update x2 on my Supercharged EFI motor - check it out!

I must say that looks like one of the best supercharging jobs I have seen on a small motor. I hope it works out for you. Good luck.
  12. S

Some Advise (4 HP briggs)

it could also have a slight bend in it. Try removing the valve and have a close look.
  13. S

A question of suspention

yes i have looked into it aswell, but i would have to extend the forks to fit nicely on my bike. I would love to do it but.
  14. S

torque converter spring

Thanks for that info drheilman. Its good stuff
  15. S

torque converter spring

When the TAV is in the transition change between the high gear ratio to the low gear ratio, depending on what type of spring is in the driven unit it controls at what rpm the transition changes, therefore making it impossible for the engine to rev higher until it reaches its lowest gear ratio...
  16. S

torque converter spring

I have a comet 30 series torque converter and I was wondering if there are stiffer springs to be put in the driven unit to allow higher rpms? At the moment the revs stay fairly low, but i would like it to allow the motor to rev higher to get the most from it. Any suggestions? I've thought...
  17. S

mini chopper frame

oh i get it now
  18. S

Good Kit

I used a pocket bike front wheel setup. They are very cheap off eBay. You would just have to weld up some mounting points for the brake caliper. With my bike, I'm thinking of setting up a twin front disc setup. The single disc is fine but for a heavy bike, twin discs would be best. Hope that...
  19. S

Comet parts list needed

This webpage has all the replacement parts for all models. Hope it helps Comet Torque Converter Clutches & Parts
  20. S

Exhaust back pressure?

Many go karts run without mufflers/baffles. I'm not sure what your problem would have been. Maybe it could have effected you air fuel mixture?? not really sure.