Search results

1. Oldschool

My Dad

Time changes things. But time will also rob you of things if you let it slip by. I don't know what your issues are, but if I ever gave any adivice that was worth listening too its this. Figuere out some common ground and make good on the past. There does not need to be forgiveness or...
  2. Oldschool

honda motor vs clone motor

Honda could care less about you. If that is the way you actualy feel. DON't by a Honda or Clone. Buy a Briggs. Some of the parts might be made in China. Indeed the whole engine might be, but you can sleep soundly knowing more very rich people will get a dividend check in the USA by...
  3. Oldschool

My Dad

My Dad is somewhere in Ohio tonight. Inspite of the fact I would rather see him fly at his age he insists on driving.... All the way from the southern USA to my home in Canada. Fathers are... Fathers I guess. We can't change them, we worry about them, we become them... Is he my...
  4. Oldschool

Anyone ever try one of these on a Mini?

You loose a lot of the simplicity of mini bike with that. Sure you can probably make it fit but by the time you do its no longer a mini bike but some sort of small motorcycle.
  5. Oldschool

Comet 30 on a Baja Warrior= AWESOME!

I think so. But its your money, you decided to spend 150 dollars. You can't build much of an engine on that budget.
  6. Oldschool

23mm muniki on Baja Warrior, my worries

Hey ! I have a couple of those PD24 CV carbs but I never tried them on a clone. What do you think? What jetting did you use?
  7. Oldschool

23mm muniki on Baja Warrior, my worries

You have to be careful I tried a lot of work arounds to protect parts and never had much luck. Pete has a very impressive looking intake thats about as close to ideal for this aplication as I have seen. He made it himself too. My latest attempt is something of a compromise between the...
  8. Oldschool

Comet 30 on a Baja Warrior= AWESOME!

Add a billet flywheel, complete valve train upgrade.....
  9. Oldschool

Did you order a piston? The stock 160 with 14cc heads have dished pistonsm but the new versions have flat tops. Be sure you have a piston with a flat top.
  10. Oldschool

Your memory is short. GX motors used to cost hundreds more. And back in the 80s when you add the effects of Inflation were like 1000 in todays dollars, at least up here in Canada.....
  11. Oldschool

The design of the flywheel is as much a problem as the material. Honda fly wheels are probably better made but not intended to be spun at high rpm. The nice thing about the GX160 flywheel is its 4 deg advanced timing over the GX200. That is all.....
  12. Oldschool

Well side by side a REAL Honda is a better engine in all respects. But clones are so cheap that they are cost effective. Clones also forced Honda to get real witht he price. In the 80s a G200 rod cost as much as Clone does today.... REal GX engines cost a lot less today than they did...
  13. Oldschool

7 Hp Princess auto motor

There is a factory in Japan that builds them powered by the Dahatsu DM950 diesel used in the JD gattor and Kawasaki Mule. 25 Hp liquid cooled brute that fires snow a long ways off.
  14. Oldschool

REAL Predator knowledge or experience?

Who is the accused ass biter? Is it just me or is there a lot of realy gay references in today's posts?
  15. Oldschool

Upside and rear deal? Sounds like...... Not sure what you are trying to say. Although some of might be flattered and perhaps even a bit currious, I am not a man to mess around with that sort of back door shenanigans. Also my wife would find it very objectionable. They are good...
  16. Oldschool

baja warriorbelt setup help

I have been looking at that sprocket. Is that a 9 tooth with two set screws? Very likely it is wider than the stock one. If thats a Yerfdog jack shaft with a 6 inch secondary thats a " no fit " belt combination. You will need to modifiy things to shorten up a little for the belt. BUT I...
  17. Oldschool

Knuckles Honda 6.5 GX200 build

Notice what the Xylene in that carb cleaner is doing to your Latex gloves? Latex offers little protection, get some Neoprene gloves. Also be aware of the fumes from both a fire and toxicity stand point. If you have an old slow cooker fill with antin greeze ( Ethelene glycol ) set it for...
  18. Oldschool

6.5 Honda clones

Yes you can use Honda G200 springs. Any shop that sells aftermarket parts for cars bikes ect shoudl be able to help you out, but the best thing to do is replace the factory plug with a good NGK
  19. Oldschool

7 Hp Princess auto motor

DO you have much snow yet? Nothing in Northern Ontario, but its getting cold. Modified snowblower eh? Sounds like a subject worthy of a thread...... I would use a modified GX160 head. A small header and Uniflow filter. Jet as required......