Search results

1. colrhino

This may be a dumb question, but.....

thanks, ludicrous speed.... and thank you for your service to our Nation, also!
  2. colrhino

A hard lesson learned

What a gripping story- I'm sorry that u had many years without your father's prescience and influence... I'm sure you turned out fine in spite if it all, but it's tough to live with regrets.... I am a 28 year career Marine myself, I'm glad you agreed to be part of his burial detail..... Such an...
  3. colrhino

well, that's what they taught me after nearly 28 years (okay, 27 yrs, 7 months and 29 days) in the Marine Corps! the only dumb question is the one not asked.... anyway, my brake caliper was twisting slightly, and it WAS binding the disc, but ONLY when I rolled it backwards.... so I went to...
  4. colrhino

Clone engine (6.5hp) won't start

it's all put back together and it runs like a champ! thanks to all for the info/trouble-shooting suggestions!
  5. colrhino

well it turns out that the rear hydraulic disc brake caliper mounting bracket is "twisting" when I roll the bike backwards- as I have to do to get it out of the tight space where it is stored- and thusly the disc is "grabbing" when the whole assembly rotates only a few degrees.... this is being...
  6. colrhino

Allright- is there a rebuild kit readily available that has all the things I might need?
  7. colrhino

will your minibike roll backwards?? Mine won't; or, at least, not now. I had a long layoff due to a foot injury, and haven't ridden in a long while, so I'm de-gunking my carb now, and when I tried to roll it backwards, the back tire just skidded. I checked the hyd disc brake to see if it was...
  8. colrhino

So the float needle was so gunked up that it was literally almost glued inside the chamber.... I got it unstuck and had to scrap it off with a toothpick! It's not back together yet as I had to go to work; maybe Friday then I'll give a report....
  9. colrhino

ok, now I've got it, the float valve needle is the most likely culprit. thanks for the help!
  10. colrhino

Yes, petcock is open, fuel fills the petcock strainer when turned to ON. Does the needle screw into the hole at the bottom of the carb? or is it held in by a spring?
  11. colrhino

okay then, thanks for the info, how do I clean the needle?
  12. colrhino

hey guys and gals, after a long layoff due to a foot injury, I rolled the 'ol Baja out of the garage and tried to start her up.... to no avail ! She's got the 6.5 china clone Greyhound engine in her. She's been sitting up for the better part of a year, yep she had Sta-bil in the gas tank and it...
  13. colrhino

My entry for a new OldMiniBikes t-shirt design

that looks awesome!
  14. colrhino

Tires

I need street tires, too- where do you get sawtooths and what do they look like?
  15. colrhino

Open message to all members who help others!

hey I just want to say that u guys rock for helping all of us out that have questions... my DB was down, and several helped w/suggestions....turned out to be a sheared flywheel key....many thanks fellow minibike enthusiasts!!!
  16. colrhino

Road friendly tires for my DB

hey kruger_ where did u get those ribbed tires like u show in the thumbnail pics? those r what I am looking for as I mainly ride on the roads around here
  17. colrhino

sputtered, backfired then shut off

ty, I'll check that theory out tmrw! I was really at a loss and did not know where to start w/this problem- I will investigate and report back tomorrow. thank you for your suggestion.
  18. colrhino

sputtered, backfired then shut off

okay, question here- have the 6.5 HF engine in my DB, with the NR Racing Stage 1 Hop Up kit (K&N Air Filter & Adapter, 82 Jet, Rev Kit w/18 lb Springs, 8 degree Timing Key, Small Fan, .010 Head Gasket Valve Cover Gasket, and Header/Exhaust) was riding today (30 degrees here in Atlanta), it...
  19. colrhino

choke lever bracket

that's it- ty! much obliged!
  20. colrhino

choke lever bracket

okay, I asked this question once before, and someone sent me to a go-kart forum (where I found the bracket), but the guy isn't selling them anymore, so I am still looking for a method to hold the choke lever on (with the stock air box off), preferably a bracket of some sort..... any suggestions...