Search results

1. colrhino

This may be a dumb question, but.....

will your minibike roll backwards?? Mine won't; or, at least, not now. I had a long layoff due to a foot injury, and haven't ridden in a long while, so I'm de-gunking my carb now, and when I tried to roll it backwards, the back tire just skidded. I checked the hyd disc brake to see if it was...
  2. colrhino

Clone engine (6.5hp) won't start

hey guys and gals, after a long layoff due to a foot injury, I rolled the 'ol Baja out of the garage and tried to start her up.... to no avail ! She's got the 6.5 china clone Greyhound engine in her. She's been sitting up for the better part of a year, yep she had Sta-bil in the gas tank and it...
  3. colrhino

Open message to all members who help others!

hey I just want to say that u guys rock for helping all of us out that have questions... my DB was down, and several helped w/suggestions....turned out to be a sheared flywheel key....many thanks fellow minibike enthusiasts!!!
  4. colrhino

sputtered, backfired then shut off

okay, question here- have the 6.5 HF engine in my DB, with the NR Racing Stage 1 Hop Up kit (K&N Air Filter & Adapter, 82 Jet, Rev Kit w/18 lb Springs, 8 degree Timing Key, Small Fan, .010 Head Gasket Valve Cover Gasket, and Header/Exhaust) was riding today (30 degrees here in Atlanta), it...
  5. colrhino

choke lever bracket

okay, I asked this question once before, and someone sent me to a go-kart forum (where I found the bracket), but the guy isn't selling them anymore, so I am still looking for a method to hold the choke lever on (with the stock air box off), preferably a bracket of some sort..... any suggestions...
  6. colrhino

changing oil is a mess....

okay with the clone engine mounted in my DB30, the drain plug is at the front of the engine.... just doing my first oil change after the 20 minute break-in period suggested my many.... man this is a pain in the a$$ with the oil dripping out the front all over the mounting plate!! is there a...
  7. colrhino

double kill switch setup?

anyone tried this mod? I copied this response out of another thread- contributed by "altered 7151", but I didn't see any follow-ups to his suggestion..... want to know if anyone has had success with this- quoted below: "For a double kill switch you just need to make the circuit go to ground...
  8. colrhino

how long until the first oil change?

got my 6.5 clone installed- how long do I run the break in oil before changing it? I did dump out the shipping oil first before I ran it the first time- put some 10W-30 in there just for the break in period- I plan to run Mobil 1 fulltime once the break in period is over...
  9. colrhino

gray choke lever

okay, so I put the 6.5 motor on my DB, and put a K&N style air filter on it. my question- when the stock airbox is removed, the gray choke lever is no longer "held down" by the bottom of the old airbox. it can just be lifted off the post. I'm afraid it will come off/get lost when riding. how do...
  10. colrhino

keyway sizes

so I just ordered/received the 6.5 clone mounting kit (fast shipping, btw!) but I have an issue w/the keyway supplied w/the motor from HF. the keyway that came with it is roughly 1 11/16" long, yet the slot in the Max Torque clutch supplied w/the kit is only 7/8" deep. so the one I have will not...
  11. colrhino

orange frame w/a center stand?

greetings to all- I found an orange framed minibike w/no identifying markings on it at a local lawn mower shop. the guy knew nothing about it as to make/model etc. it has a 5 hp B/S motor, a foot brake and a center stand. Any ideas? thanks!
  12. colrhino

craigs list- no response?

hello all- new to the minibike scene. live in Atlanta. have replied to several FS ads on craigslist, but get no reply back :-( man that's a bummer. anyone experience this? thanks.
  13. colrhino

2.5 hp baja db 97cc engine

just picked up a Baja DB w/the std 97cc 2.5 hp motor. man, this thing lugs a bit. I am 190 lbs. what can I do? saw the 6.5 hp conversion kit. is this an easy fix? thx to all. colrhino
  14. colrhino

greetings from atlanta- a noobee here

hello all- well I just happened upon this website by luck, and I immediately registered! I have been riding motorcycles for 35+ years now, I currently own a 2003 Yamaha Roadstar 1600. I have had motorcycles from my first (a blue Honda Mini-Trail 50) to an SL-70, Yamaha 100, 125, Honda 400, 650...