Search results

1. gbabins1

Brake advise

So I have been working on a (trail blazer) bike for a little bit now, that is working out pretty good except for the rear brake. I have band brakes (clutch brakes)on my other bikes and love them. We built this one with a TAV so a clutch brake was not an option. Went with an Asusa drum brake...
  2. gbabins1

1" throttle assemblies

What are some of the better 1" throttle assemblies that work well? I've been buying the basic 1" mini bike style and after a while they bind up and just aren't smooth. Looking online, most are obviously for 7/8 bars. Finding good ones for 1" seems to be challenging. Sent from my SM-N920P...
  3. gbabins1

Predator 212cc help

Trying to get ready for a local car show /mini bike drag races this coming Saturday... the bike was working fine, we regeared it to go a little faster and it's breaking up under load. The only things I've done which were done while ago, rejet ,exhaust and air filter (had it like this for...
  4. gbabins1

Florida peeps, some mini racing?

A friend tagged me in this on Facebook. Sounds similar to the Billetproof drags we've been to in Lakeland. Let me know if anyone is interested... my son and I are planning on going and bringing a few bikes. [emoji109][emoji109][emoji110] Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  5. gbabins1

Backyard shenaniery

My son and I did a little riding tonight in our backyard... when we first moved in, one of the first things we did was make a little track. Thought I'd share some pictures of our shenanigans! [emoji1] Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  6. gbabins1

TAV question

I picked up a new TAV about a year from OldMiniBikes warehouse. They were pretty cheap so I grabbed one and it sat for about 1 year before I got around to using it. I put it on a few weeks ago and noticed right away the the driven unit has a slight wobble in it. At first I suspected the 3/4 jackshaft...
  7. gbabins1

Lakeland Billetproof 2016

Anyone planning on coming out to Billetproof | World's Least Important Car Shows this year? Oct 22 in Lakeland Florida :deal: We plan on going and bringing the kids. I have a few Clonanza's that are chomping at the bit :thumbsup::scooter::scooter:
  8. gbabins1

WTB Go Power 60t Sprocket

Looking for a Go Power 60t sprocket (for a 6" wheel). Anyone help a brother out? :smile:
  9. gbabins1

Go Power wheel/tire question

Has anyone successfully mounted a 15 X 5.00 - 6 Snow Hog tire to a 6" Go Power wheel? Sure looks to me like it would fit but just wanted to make sure before I let any more blood out of my knuckles. I ordered one for my daughter's DB and now my son wants one for his BC1000. :scooter:
  10. gbabins1

Wth

Rare? Haha, what are some people thinking? You couldn't pay me to haul that thing off. [emoji23] Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  11. gbabins1

Lakeland Billetproof 2015 Oct 25th

Haven't seen any posts about this, (forgive me if I missed them) but does anyone have plans on attending this year? My son and I (and possibly a friend) are going and have a few bikes ready. :scooter::scooter::scooter:
  12. gbabins1

Slightly bent jackshaft

Took the bikes out the other day for a little off road trail riding with the kids. The biggest kid (me) decided to have a little high speed fun in the trails and pouring rain, until this happened...Anyone ever experience a twisted jackshaft like this
  13. gbabins1

1" grips

In case anyone was wondering (like myself before I tried) regular motocross style grips will fit over 1'' bars / throttles :thumbsup: I ordered some for my Bonanza and took a gamble... they fit without any problems.
  14. gbabins1

Bonanza rear shock

Looking for a Bonanza rear shock. Doesn't have to look be perfect, but does have to work. I have one, just need another. Below is the one I have, looking for it's mate. 11" from center to center. Thanks.
  15. gbabins1

Project Bonanza Greyscale

OK, here's my BC1300 project. Not in bad shape at all. Found it on CL and the guy talked himself down before I ever had a chance. Both fork lowers were missing, only came with one wheel and one rear shock. I've labeled this " Bonanza Greyscale" for a reason...it's going to end up primered for...
  16. gbabins1

Custom aluminum gas tank MB165

Just thought I would share a few pics of an aluminum tank my brother and I made /designed for my MB165... had the bike forever and the tank was sitting in my shed almost complete for about 3 years... figured it was time to get it done. :grind: I'll be mounting it tomorrow, but you can get an...
  17. gbabins1

Manco seat

Looking for a Manco Thunderbird seat in good condition. Send me a pic if you have anything available. thanks
  18. gbabins1

BC1000 axle size?

Anybody with a BC1000 that can help me out here? I need the rear axle length. The one I have appears to be a bit short as it does not have enough room to add the chain adjusters :doah:
  19. gbabins1

Project pea soup BC1000

I thought I would start a little project thread on a BC1000 I picked up from Markus. I do have some before pictures... but they aren't on my phone any longer. I hate having to resize every one I upload (maybe I'm doing something a little wrong) so I'm going to try to upload pictures with the...
  20. gbabins1

Bonanza parts wanted

Looking for BC1300 lower forks in good condition. Also looking for one 6" Go Power wheel in good condition. :smile: