Search results

1. Old Dinger

Dammit it's hot!

Me hanging out at the pool.
  2. Old Dinger

O-limp-dics

My wife kept wandering why I call Michael Phelps a dufus looking gomer. I rest my case. :001_rolleyes:
  3. Old Dinger

My cooler puller pit car

My wife's cousin in North Carolina is a racecar fabricator and racing driver consultant. He is involved with Nascar racing and asphalt Legend cars. He saw pictures of my other builds, and asked if I would make him a barstool type vehicle to pull a cooler around the pits passing out his sponser's...
  4. Old Dinger

My Trike build

My wife said she would ride with me if I made her a 3 wheeler. So, as in previous builds, no plans, build as you go all scrap tubing, and sheetmetal. It has an adjustable seat, and a large dry storage ( 12 pack, folding stocked mini-14. food etc.):gunsmilie: Fuel tank is a standard rectangular...
  5. Old Dinger

Shake, rattle and roll

I got tired of shaking rattlecans, so I took an old sabre saw and made this contraption. It works really well, and the paint sprays beautifully. :thumbsup: YouTube - ‪Paint shaker‬‏
  6. Old Dinger

My big mini build

Another scratch built project. 6.5 clone, 22x11-8 tires, max-torque torque converter, 72 tooth on rear, homemade header, homemade tc cover. Fenders are cut from 55 gal plastic drum. Top speed 24 mph. I'm 6'3" 230#. Pulls like a be-otch. Handles like a dream.
  7. Old Dinger

HF 6.5 done?

Today when I went by our HF, I saw a sign for the 6.5 clones. It said closeout- $74.95. I went in and the guy says not gonna have them any more. No coupon needed. Limit 4 per day. No extended warranty available cause there will be none to replace them. Looked at website, confirmed above.:shrug:
  8. Old Dinger

Ad on craigslist

NEW MINI BIKE PROJECTS CHEAP!
  9. Old Dinger

School me

JHC !!! I was pricing a few parts for a 5hp B&S. Mine has a crinkled screen on the flywheel/pull start. Cheapest one I found was $42.00 !:scared: For a damn 5 or 6" circle of screen. What am I missing here? Are they made of something special?:shrug: Splain please.
  10. Old Dinger

Flywheel question

Was at a garage sale where I bought a Shopsmith mark 5 and a huge drill press. I asked if they had any old gas motors. Yes, they had one on an old tiller at father's house but did'nt know anything about it. The nice lady took me to the barn. It was a nice 5hp briggs 130292. Appeared to be in...
  11. Old Dinger

Point Taken

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed. I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place. I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world. I...
  12. Old Dinger

New avatar?

Any one need a new avatar?
  13. Old Dinger

Cool old vid

Cool instructional vid on differentials. YouTube - How Differential Gear works (BEST Tutorial)
  14. Old Dinger

I find this amazing

This awful story was in the news today. Police search for Texan accused of decapitating his wife with a chainsaw 04-28-2010 09:43 AM CDT DALLAS (Associated Press) -- Police are searching for a suburban Dallas man accused of decapitating his wife with a chainsaw. Lewisville police have...
  15. Old Dinger

Oh Yeah

Me and Gunny and some old friends are ready to go to Khadurka-durka Afghanistan and get some ! :gun_bandana:
  16. Old Dinger

My New Kart

:chinese:
  17. Old Dinger

Need this part

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am missing one of these. It is an old style wear plug for a Max Torque 20 series driven unit. Any help appreciated. I posted in parts, but a bigger audience lurks here. If I did something wrong, I apologize.
  18. Old Dinger

Need driven wear plug

I am missing one of these. It is an old style wear plug for a Max Torque 20 series driven unit. Any help appreciated.
  19. Old Dinger

Gas gauge cap?

Does anyone know if one of the gas caps with the gauge built in will fit a HF 6.5 ? thanks
  20. Old Dinger

My scooter build

In November, I decided I wanted something to ride on my small property and the surrounding county roads. Money was a real issue, and I love designing and building things. I told my wife it might take 2 years to finish it. I have a 40+ year old arc welder, and crude power tools. I discovered the...