Search results

1. oldyeller

5hp briggs running too rich?

I have an old 5 hp briggs that is running pretty poorly..Last year I installed a new electronic ignition in it to replace the troublesome points..The engine ran awesome and I ran a complete tank of gas through it until it quit.. A few days later I put some more gas in it and it would not...
  2. oldyeller

Need help ID ing go kart

Just got this project as a Christmas present..Can anyone tell me what it is?..The gas tank is loose in the pic and normally mounts under the steering column.
  3. oldyeller

Looking for cheap 3.00 X 10 tires for rupp

I am having a hard time locating 3.00 X 10 knobby tires for my rupps..Yes I know I can get them from the "Rupp" places but just wondering if there is a cheaper alternative?..I am running 2.50 X 10 tires that I can get here locally in Canada but I keep having tube punctures because the tire just...
  4. oldyeller

What is it?

This is for sale near me..Any ideas what it is?
  5. oldyeller

Clutch chatter problem.

Been having some real bad clutch chatter on the rupp kart that I modified for off road use..The kart accelerates well from a stop so I think the gearing is ok but at about 5mph or so it chatters hard for a second and then is fine after that...Can any tell me what is causing this?..Clutch is new...
  6. oldyeller

rupp exhaust wanted

I need an exhaust system for a 72 rupp roadster with 4hp tecumseh..
  7. oldyeller

Need advice on selecting rear axle/hub/wheels

My old rupp go kart project needs a new rear axle assembly..The previous owner welded some extensions on the end and they are crooked..After removing the axle all of the bearings are rusted onto the shaft so I guess I need them as well..Anyway I am having trouble deciding what way to go with...
  8. oldyeller

Rupp Roadster..How do I turn it off?

I am not sure how the switch works on this thing and what button does what..I tried pushing the little button on the side while it was running and it did nothing..Can someone tell me what button does what by the coloured arrows?
  9. oldyeller

Rupp guys what is this and what belt?

I am making a parts list for the roadster that I just picked up and the torque convertor cover is missing..I was looking on the black widow site and saw this part listed along with the torque convertor stuff.Can anyone tell me where it goes and what it does?.I also just got this thing running...
  10. oldyeller

HS 40 exhaust thread size?

Can anyone tell me what size thread goes into the Rupp HS 40 head?... 1/2 inch?..I am assuming I can thread in some water pipe and make a temporary exhaust on this thing?.
  11. oldyeller

4hp governor linkage..Can someone measure?

I am missing the governor arm to carb linkage on my rupp 4hp..I was wondering if someone could measure how long the linkage piece was so I could fab one up from a piece of wire..:shrug:
  12. oldyeller

Will engine start without governor hooked up?

I have been trying to get my 4hp rupp project started...It will start up but only runs about 2 or 3 seconds and quits..It will sometimes start every time you pull the cord but won't stay running..The govenor linkage is missing and i don't have a throttle cable so I can't try holding the...
  13. oldyeller

How do you haul your minis?..Rack?

Just wondering how people haul their mini's?...I have a pickup or a box trailer but it's always a bit of a struggle to get them tied down properly..Especially with two or three in tight quarters....I have been thinking of building some sort of rack system that could be slid into the back of the...
  14. oldyeller

Rupp throttle cable hook up?

My rupp roadster has no cable or governor linkages and I am trying to figure out how it hooks up...It looks like the cable goes down to the little arm below but it seems like the cable would be on quite a severe angle unless the arm was pulled up pretty close to where the cable casing is...
  15. oldyeller

Need pics of rupp HS 40 governor and carb linkage

All of the linkage and springs are missing from the rupp I just bought..I would love to see some pics of original rupp motors so I can get an idea of where the linkage and springs are supposed to go..The governor arm has many many holes in it so actual pics would be great..
  16. oldyeller

Got a couple of karts..

I picked up two karts a couple of weeks ago but never noticed this section in the forums so I thought I would post some pics...One is an ancient go kart that has been merged with some lawn tractor parts to make it an off roader.. The other is in pretty good shape...
  17. oldyeller

Rusty tank and pickup questions

I recently bought a go kart with a 5 hp briggs on it..The tank has rust inside and the screen on the bottom of the long pickup tube is rusted off...What is the best way to fix the rust in the tank?...Secondly how can I fix the screen on the pickup?
  18. oldyeller

HS 40 is the timing adjustable?kicks back)

I tried to fire up the engine in the rupp roadster that I just got..The carb is fubar so I just put a few drops of gas down the spark plug hole to see if she would run..It was very hard to pull over..In fact it seemed like when it would fire it would almost lock up the engine and I would...
  19. oldyeller

Anyone know who makes these brakes?.

I got some go karts with the last rupp that I bought..The one has an ancient drum brake setup on it and I am trying to find brake shoes for it..Here is what it looks like....If I cannot get shoes for this setup what does everyone recommend for a good brake setup?
  20. oldyeller

Rupp exhaust question

The exhaust is totally missing on the rupp roadster project bike that I just got so I am curious how it goes together?..Does the pipe just slide over the little stub on the cylinder head?..If so how is it held in place?..Just the clamp at the rear under the seat?