Search results

1. turftech 1

Mechanical Walking Machine Progect

Holy Crap Bryan, your builds just get cooler and cooler. You have a TON of mechanical genius! Great build!
  2. turftech 1

I did it up this time

I know I don't post here as much as most, but I lurk and read threads a lot. I have always enjoyed your posts. Lots of good stuff in them. I hope you get feeling better soon. you will get really good at using your right hand, right about the time you get your left hand out of the sling... at...
  3. turftech 1

Mechanical Walking Machine Progect

Jeep, you're the most mechanically intelligent person I have ever encountered. Your builds are ingenious. Seems like you should be working for NASA or something, but I'm glad you are free to do redneck stuff like this.
  4. turftech 1

"Before and After" pics

I've wanted a Powell since I read the book The Minibike Challenge when I was 11. That is an AMAZING looking bike!
  5. turftech 1

I need advice on 2000 and up Chevy trucks with 4L60E or 4L80E transmissions.

I have a 2004 2500 HD with the 6.0L gas and the 4L80E transmission. just over 140k miles, lots of towing (I run a lawn-care co and tow and travel trailer) and no probs yet. We have a 2004 Suburban with the 5.3L and the 4L60E transmission, just creeping up on 200K miles, no problems there...
  6. turftech 1

Backyard sunsets!!

My sunrise, every morning. I'm never home from work in time to catch the sunset these days.
  7. turftech 1

I start.....you finish.....fun thread!!

When you have a shelf of motors for future rollers, and a shed full of rollers, but don't have the right clutches & belts to put them together.:doah::doah: But you are still looking for rollers.... and motors. Incidentally, anybody sitting on a Climb-a-way clutch they want to part...
  8. turftech 1

5 Tools NOT to Buy from Harbor Freight Tools

I've heard that from lots of people now. Have never tried one myself.
  9. turftech 1

I have no idea. Can you watch other youtube videos? Try this link.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86S7reKobs
  10. turftech 1

That's good info!
  11. turftech 1

Just an update, after getting advice from someone on youtube, I took the large grinder apart and lubricated the gears. It is much more usable now, not as much vibration. I still prefer the smaller grinders though.
  12. turftech 1

5 Harbor Freight Tools Worth Buying

That's a cool set up!
  13. turftech 1

The WTF picture thread

another....
  14. turftech 1

The WTF picture thread

One more......
  15. turftech 1

The WTF picture thread

This is a great thread. I'll try to contribute a bit more.
  16. turftech 1

It does a dad's heart proud, (son shooting the SKS like a boss)

I would love one of those old over/under .410/.22 combos! It would be perfect for those walks in the woods. Glad you got to shoot with your son. I started my son on a bolt action .22, I love a classic Winchester model 94 in 30/30, one of the most iconic guns ever.
  17. turftech 1

I wish I had invested virtually all my money in the 90s in SKS, Mosin Nagant and AK rifles, then invested all my money 5 years ago in .22 ammo. I would have done better than my 401k. Let's see, SKS in 1996 $90, now $400+, that's a 444+% return on investment.
  18. turftech 1

I love Sootch vids, but I think I'm OK with this, as ATF guidelines specifically approve the Monte Carlo stock. I should have pasted more of the article I found, where it does mention specifically adding collapsible stocks like the Tapco there, or high capacity magazines. That's where you get...
  19. turftech 1

Agreed! MI Powdercoater, here is something I found which makes me pretty sure I am totally OK on this. It is a letter from the ATF to the NRA concerning what modifications can and can not be made to the SKS. I won't paste the whole letter, but the part that is pertinent here. "Some...
  20. turftech 1

922r prohibits adding more than 10 of the listed imported items onto a semi-automatic sporting rifle. That SKS is totally factory, except for the stock, which was made in America. If the gun is in violation of 922r, I would really like to know how, for reals, because I try to follow the law...