Search results

1. lonewolf57

Baja Warrior "Bobber Build'

They say "Imitation is the highest form of flattery", and if that's so I've gotta give a tip of my hat to OldMiniBikes.com member Hillbilly Deluxe. He did a project build of a MB165 bobber that I along with others liked. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/40425-mb165-before-after.html...
  2. lonewolf57

New MB165: Baja Motorsports MB200

Well, just figured out why my local Tractor Supply has their Baja Warrior mini bikes on clearance sale. Looks like Baja Motorsports has redesigned the MB165 like they did the DB30. To get a look, click on the link below: Baja Motorsports Mini Bike, 196cc - 1007150 | Tractor Supply Company...
  3. lonewolf57

American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior

Don't know how many of you on the OldMiniBikes.com forum have been watching American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior on TLC for the last month and a half. Paul Jr. Designs was in Mt. Airy NC (Hometown of Andy Griffith) today unveiling a custom chopper built for Carolina Carports. The unveiling was part of...
  4. lonewolf57

Mini Bikers Build-off

We've got two great mini bike projects going on in the Project Log forum, The Budget Bike project and the Built-From-Scratch Minibike project. :hammer::hack::weld::grind: Here's a pic borrowed from The Budget Bike thread: And a pic from the Built-from-Scratch thread: We should...
  5. lonewolf57

Favorite ridin' music....

What's your favorite music to get you ready to ride? :scooter: Some old farts like me would probably say "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf from the movie EASY RIDER. List a song that "gets your motor running", include a YouTube link if possible. I'll start the ball rollin' with this...
  6. lonewolf57

Busted: Breakin' the law....

I guess it had to happen: We ran up on the law today while riding our mini bikes. :ohmy: We (My wife, two daughters and I) were doin' our weekly ride out in the country. We were on the 3rd mile of a 10 mile loop when we ran up on a Virginia State Trooper parked at an intersection (I think he...
  7. lonewolf57

Yerf Dog mini at Sears

Any body seen this?!? :confused: Description: Yerf-Dog MiniBike 5hp Tecumseh OHV Minibike 20x7-8 Tires Rear band brake suspension seat heavy frame headlight (Looks like the pic has been flipped backwards)...
  8. lonewolf57

Craigslist mini bike: What is it?

Here's a pic of a mini bike listed on my local craigslist. Here's the seller's description- "Cool mini bike needs carb and tank cleaned. Looks like mini motorcycle $100 firm". What is it, and does $100 sound like a good price? Jimmy S.
  9. lonewolf57

Mini Baja from craigslist

Picked up this Mini Baja 5.5 hp mini bike today that I found on craigslist. I bought it from a family in Blacksburg, VA (Home of Virginia Tech, and Frank Beamer), which is about an hour's drive from where I live. When I got there to look at it this morning I could tell the owners needed...
  10. lonewolf57

Firehawk: V-Rod wannabe?

On the Craigslist here in the Southwestern Virginia area, there have been several "Firehawk" mini bikes listed for sale. Just looking at the pics, you can see that the Firehawk has a lot in common with the Mini Baja/Heat/Warrior bikes. The upper frame is different along with the fake gas...
  11. lonewolf57

Tractor Supply Memorial Day Sale: Yellow DB30 $259.99

The title of the thread says it all. :detective: May 26th thru 31st. :smile: Jimmy S.
  12. lonewolf57

Tractor Supply DB30 sale April 14th-18th!

Tractor Supply has the yellow DB30 "Dirt Bug" on sale April 14-18 for $259.99 :punk: Jimmy S.
  13. lonewolf57

Warrior jackshaft is toast...

During our Easter Sunday ride, I noticed that my WR65 Warrior was losing some power on the hills. When the ride was over and we were pushing the bikes into our basement, the bike felt like the brake was draggin' some, and the chain sounded like it was binding. After I got the bike inside the...
  14. lonewolf57

Cloning the yellow DB30

I've decided to swap out the yellow DB30 2.8 hp OEM engine w/jackshaft kit for a HF 6.5 hp Greyhound ("clone"). :thumbsup: A few weeks back I purchased a red Doodle Bug DB30 and did the clone engine swap using the parts installation kit from cjtmini...
  15. lonewolf57

Red Dirt Bug 6.5 clone project

Been reading all the posts where OldMiniBikes members have dumped the OEM 2.8 hp motor on their Baja DB30 and dropped in the 6.5 clone mill, so I decided that I'd like to do the same. Purchased a red DB30 from Northern Tool today. I bought it at the website price (print out the $259.99 ad from their...
  16. lonewolf57

@#%*&<+#^ Snow!

The previous snow from December has just melted away here in southwestern Virginia, and now we have 7 inches of new snow with a additional 6-11 inches more expected before all is said and done. :cursing: We had just been able to ride off-road on our minis, providing the ground was frozen. I...
  17. lonewolf57

Warrior grounded

:sadcrying4: "All good things gotta come to an end, and it's the same with the Wild Wood Weed..." err, I mean the Baja Warrior rear tire. We purchased our Baja Warrior December 27th (2009), and we have already wore the side tread on the rear tire so thin that the tire went flat today while...
  18. lonewolf57

ProMod Jackshaft Kit: Worth every dollar!

Received the ProMod Jackshaft Kit today and got right down to the installation. I just followed the directions that are supplied with the kit (plenty of pics), and as the story goes "with just a few simple hand tools..." I had the kit installed in no time and was ready to give it a test drive...
  19. lonewolf57

Baja Dirt Bug minibike for Xmas and ?

Ran into the local Tractor Supply store here in Galax, VA looking for snow boots for my daughters (and another snow shovel for the driveway). While there we noticed the little yellow Baja Dirt Bug mini bikes on display. They were on sale for $255 each and I mentioned to my wife we should buy a...