Search results

1. wildman

Rupp fiberglass corvette body

FYI... it's a Monza Jr, not Corvette.
  2. wildman

Tri Cub engine mount

I modified my 8hp Tricub frame model to reflect the 5hp configuration. I don't have any bare frames around here so the 5-7/8" dimension is based on actual measurement to the bolt on an installed engine and it's position in the slot is not known. If you end up making new strips or a plate, I'd...
  3. wildman

Tri Cub engine mount

Unlike most minibikes and trikes with 1-piece plate, the Tricubs had 2 strips that made up the engine mount. The photo is the Sperry Minicub frame and this frame is essentially identical to 5hp Tricubs. I modeled the 8hp Tricub frame in CAD. I can provide the dimensions from this, but I'm not...
  4. wildman

New Dune Cycle over

Wheels should be easy to find and available at many sources. I'm not sure how much offset your application can stand... I used centered dish wheels on my Tricubs. These are not the exact wheels that I used but very similar...
  5. wildman

New Dune Cycle over

Oh wait... I forgot that a friend with a 6x6 ATV bought these adapters to convert his balloon tires to regular tires and wheels. https://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominihubs/az2283.html These adapters weren't available back when I made mine. These should work on your application as long as you...
  6. wildman

New Dune Cycle over

@Segroves... Your rear tires appear to be the one-piece tire/rim (balloons) that were the same as used on my Sperry Rand 5hp Tricubs. These balloons were also common on amphibious 6x6 ATVs of the 70s/80s and the original Honda ATC trikes. The 6x6 versions were typically larger (63-65" inflated...
  7. wildman

71 ruppster

Original engine in Ruppsters was JLO L230... same as in Sperry Tricarts.
  8. wildman

Brake cables with 3/8" Barrels for A Heald Trike Needed

I've had a few custom brake and throttle cable assemblies made by Motion Pro for my trikes. Not cheap, but I consider pretty reasonable for special order. Quotes are free. Just need a decent drawing or sketch. Motion Pro custom cable shop
  9. wildman

Vintage out of production Firestone Balloon tires

I believe that they're all 3 holes on 2" diam bolt circle, but I've seen holes for 5/16" and 3/8" lug hardware. I presume 8mm or 10mm for imports.
  10. wildman

My first Heald Super Bronc

Regarding the tires… those Carlisle 21x12-8s are the same as the original meats on my Sperry Tricubs and they have been out-of-print for a while. Carlisle had a good replacement, AT 21x11-8, but these were also discontinued about a decade ago. Now closest replacement I’ve found is the Carlisle...
  11. wildman

Mini Bikes in your house?

If I inadvertently leave an old spark plug in my pocket, my wife will smell gas as soon as I come thru the door. I do however have a 1970 Honda CT70-K0 in the basement waiting to move up the project list. ;)
  12. wildman

Need some help!

Most industrial supply houses should be able to fix you up with a steel #40 x 54T blank sprocket, but you'll need to have the pilot hole opened up and holes drilled to fit the diff. I think that many of the minibike/gokart parts houses have aluminum sprocket blanks that could be adapted.
  13. wildman

Need some help!

Large sprocket is #40 x 54 teeth. Jackshaft sprocket is #40 x 9 teeth for 5/8" shaft. The 9 tooth is usually totally worn out, but replacements are readily available. The original clutch on all 5hp and 8hp Tricubs was a Comet CAT 99 series. These are pretty much extinct, but you can still find...
  14. wildman

Need some help!

I traveling now. I'm not sure about size and tooth count... I think #40 and around 70 teeth. Will confirm after I get back tomorrow.
  15. wildman

Need some help!

Nice looking Tricub there. I have original 5hp Briggs and 8hp Briggs versions. The 8hp frame is slightly different than 5hp in that it has battery bracket on the LH side for elec start version and fuel tank bracket on the RH side since engine-mounted tank won't fit under the body (engine also...
  16. wildman

Barn Find information needed

The center to center is about 1¾", the bolt circle diameter is 2".
  17. wildman

2" bolt circle 1¼" pilot hole. Edit: Some wheel bolts were 5/16" and some were 3/8", so hole size can vary. Same 2" bolt circle.
  18. wildman

That adapter should fit the hub, but you would need to reasearch what tire/5-bolt rim packages are available that are appropriate for your trike. I made adapters to fit the tire/wheel combo that I had settled on... discs cut out by local laser shop and Polaris wheel studs. I used 18x10.5-8...
  19. wildman

Those 1-piece tire/rim assemblies are pretty rare these days. They do turn up on eBay once in a while for small fortune plus 1st born male child. The ones that come up for sale are almost always the larger sizes from 6x6 amphibious ATVs. The tire sidewalls usually show inflated circumference...
  20. wildman

throttle cable set up 8 hp briggs

I've used this setup on a few Briggs 5hp and 8hp engines. I used parts from Briggs throttle control kit 692316 and clevis like this...