Search results

1. H

Greatest moment in my life

Proudest day of my life. What an amazing journey it has been. The litte guy didnt want to wait until Monday I guess when the wife was due to be induced. Thursday May 9th at 12:30pm at 7-1/2lbs. Our first child. Ethan James. Alittle smile in this one....I told him he was handsome like his...
  2. H

TAV's can they install vertically?

Can a TAV unit be mounted straight up and down? I dont see whay it wouldnt work but looking for feedback before I set it up that way. Im looking at having mine vertically with driven/sprocket below the motor.
  3. H

Briggs 170402-1406-01 oil capacity

Can anyone tell me what the oil capacity is on the 7hp? I cant find a owners manual anywhere for those #'s. Anyone? Does 20oz's sound right? dip stick is broken or didnt have one. There are two fill holes on the block, one on each side.
  4. H

Can anyone bail me out.....need a Kohler K181 or K181S

Allright all you engine hoarders.............anyone have a kolher K181 or K181S running or not running they would consider letting go? Im in a pickle. What I really need is a good block... standard bore is fine and does not have to be good. The engine I have now is at the machine shop and right...
  5. H

Cross roads.....with the job.

Ughh........Im just beside myself. Call this a rant, a whine, a plea for someones encouragement, whatever you will. I feel like the people close to me just dont understand. Maybe someone here has been in my shoes and can say "hoppy your not alone". Has anyone ever been so "stressed" by there...
  6. H

Any kohler K181S guru's here?

Alright......long story short have a 1966 Kohler K181S that I intend to rebuild and slap back in the 1966 Wheelhorse Trator it came out of. So I want o "freshen up" the engine with all new seals, gaskets, and some new standard piston rings IF all looked good inside. Well it all did so I ordered...
  7. H

pillow blocks......

just got a pair. unpacked them to find one of the bearings in the block was crooked.....like the bearing was a 1/4" to the left or right at the top and bottom. the other was straight and doesnt move. This one the bearing is flopping all over the place. Are the bearings in the blocks supposed to...
  8. H

Hoppy's "WTF" Build/Log

Looks like the 2012 buildoff got nuked and along with it my thread so I figured a new one was needed......and this be the section for it. I just ditched the snowblower track idea completely and the idea of two tracks outside the frame. Take away the cool factor of two tracks. I favor the idea of...
  9. H

Belt cross refrence.....Salsbury 500 series?

Im looking for a belt(s). have done searches and come up with these numbers.....however they seem to be obsolete. According to my findings the center to center for the salsbury 500 series driver and driven is 7". Dayco GTS600 or Gates #6011 are suposed to work......after many searches I cant...
  10. H

American Restorations.....Pack Mule

Anybody happen to catch the episode lastnight that had the Pack Mule in it? Man that thing is cool.....inline dual rear tires and a track that went around both. It was long.....probably hold an adult and two kids.:shrug: I didnt see the finished product but have it taped. Cool stuff.
  11. H

California Speed Shop In New Jersey?

Do any of you Jersey boys know anything about this shop? Im dating this decal/sticker to be from the 50's or 60's. Anyone know if they are still around? Has anyone here ever been to there shop if/when they were open? Shop art now.
  12. H

Need some oddball parts.....project stuff.

Anyone here own a scrap yard? or have this stuff laying around to sell. PM me. looking for snowblower w/ tracks for parts only. better yet just need the tracks and drivers and rear idlers. Will pay finders fee.:laugh: Small childreens sled track stuff to. Thanks!
  13. H

Vintage Techy H60....START YOUR BIDDING!!!All proceeds will go to Old Timer

Ok heres another one ive decided to let go in hopes we can help Old Timer. All proceeds will be sent directly to Old Timer. Please do not take this as a way to take advantage of a situtaion. If you buy this engine you MUST send the paymant. Actually id like to see the paymant sent prior to...
  14. H

5HP Briggs I/C Part Out.....All proceeds will go to Old Timer. What do you need?

Briggs 5hp I/C dual ball bearing engine.......................parting it out. All sales of any part off this engine will be sent directly to Old timer. Complete motor have all parts available. two small pin holes in bottom of tank. everything else worked. Who needs what and what are you...
  15. H

Anyone have a Tule Tropper in the NE for sale?

I just saw one for the 1st time and it was love at first site. I have never owned a mini and this is the one it has to start with:freakout: I live in CT.....does anyone in the North East have one for sale? Not running, needs work or ready to go would be considered. Please PM me if you have...
  16. H

Briggs 5hp I/C for sale

I have a 5hp Briggs I/C engine with the cast iron bore and dual bearings. The motor ran then I started to take it apart. I was going to clean it up, paint it, and put it on a shelf with a few others I have done. The tank that came with it has two very small holes on the bottom. I threw some two...
  17. H

Customer said it was leaking oil..........

Think this might have something to do with it?? :doah: 25HP Briggs Intek Twin V.................that will cost him!!!!! Seriously what options does he have or should I say what options can I present to him. This motor is no good for obvious reasons. A new briggs will cost him $800 not...
  18. H

Going rate for fixing others crap?

I have people coming out of the wood work wanting me to fix there crap. I do this as a "hobby" but this is starting to get rediculous. I should be making money doing this stuff on MY FREE TIME but yet i find myself just recouping for the parts needed and actually not collecting a labor rate...
  19. H

OldMiniBikes Buildoff.....My "view"

Just wanted to throw it out there that I personally was very impressed with some of the talent that exposed itself from some of the members here during the buildoff. Can throw out some names that come to mind but in all honesty ALOT of people turned out some very cool bikes. Pat yourselves on...
  20. H

Show your pets!

We have three of these.............................................real HP!!! LOL and four of these this is jack......hes really something else. Ive had a cat or two growing up as a kid, and for most of my life. My wife had three when i met her including Jack. He is "differant" then any...